Need Help from Artisan

Chronovore

Gold Member
I purchased the KnifeCenter KnifeCenter Exclusive Pyrite a few months ago. The action was gritty and I figured it might just need to be cleaned. So I opened it up and discovered that the bearing races were pocked on both the liners and blade. The spacing lines up with the ceramic bearings so I'm guessing they cranked it down hard at the factory (twice). Unfortunately, Knife Center won't take a return once the knife has been disassembled, even if there is an obvious material defect.

So I tried contacting Artisan by email. I got no response. Then I tried calling. It went right to voicemail and the box was full. I even tried texting the number to no avail. After many emails and phone calls with no luck, I finally got through via Instagram on 3/14. They asked for pictures of the problem. I sent them. No response. I waited exactly seven days and sent a follow up message, asking if they got the pictures. No response to that either...

BTW, here are the pictures. Forgive the low quality but you can see shiny spots on the divots. (I took these quickly when I had the knife apart. I didn't realize this was going to be a whole thing.)

tBKsxCN.jpg

W6BVKAd.jpg

5f7LNjG.jpg

bQMnCEa.jpg

I wish you luck. Based on my own experience, I don't think you'll get any help from Artisan.

Back in 2020 I emailed them about a defective knife. Got a prompt reply requesting pictures and additional info, which I provided. Then...nothing. Followed up two weeks later, still nothing. I threw the knife away and have never bought another Artisan Cutlery product.

I wish you luck. Based on my own experience, I don't think you'll get any help from Artisan.

Back in 2020 I emailed them about a defective knife. Got a prompt reply requesting pictures and additional info, which I provided. Then...nothing. Followed up two weeks later, still nothing. I threw the knife away and have never bought another Artisan Cutlery product.

I hate to say it but I've had an unusually high lemon rate from Artisan/CJRB. I almost didn't buy this knife as a result. Seeing other people sharing good experiences, I figured that I just had really bad luck. How could it be this bad?

Luckily, I was able to return previous lemons to dealers. Unfortunately, Knife Center wouldn't budge on this one and recommended that I take the matter up with Artisan. So here I am, still trying, months later...

Since this is their subforum and they literally just posted an introduction here, I hope this will get some results.

I also called emailed and sent pics of my Waistline that I need a pocket clip and screws for..
Crickets..:confused:
John :)

They enthusiastically joined the forum 10 days ago.
Now this........?🍋

I'll follow just for the entertainment value.
It's pretty typical anymore for customer service to be nonexistent.

Or better yet they expect you to chase them down.
I got money that says if they respond here they're gonna want you to contact them yet again.
😉

Well, they eventually got back to me on Instagram. They told me that disassembly voids the warranty. That's not a good policy and seems pretty rare in 2023. Luckily, they said they'd help me anyway. They asked for a picture of the whole knife to confirm the model and told me that they would have to check their inventory. They got back to me again the next day, gave me an address to send my defective knife, and asked for a picture of the receipt after I sent it. So I sent it in and gave them a picture of the shipping receipt.

I included a note thanking them for taking care of this and asking them to check the replacement for quality before sending it. Given that high lemon rate I mentioned previously, I really hope that they do.

I'll be sure to share any updates.

Last seen Mar 28. And no response to my post. 🤨
So much for customer service. 🤮
John 😁

Well, they eventually got back to me on Instagram. They told me that disassembly voids the warranty. That's not a good policy and seems pretty rare in 2023. Luckily, they said they'd help me anyway. They asked for a picture of the whole knife to confirm the model and told me that they would have to check their inventory. They got back to me again the next day, gave me an address to send my defective knife, and asked for a picture of the receipt after I sent it. So I sent it in and gave them a picture of the shipping receipt.

I included a note thanking them for taking care of this and asking them to check the replacement for quality before sending it. Given that high lemon rate I mentioned previously, I really hope that they do.

I'll be sure to share any updates.
Did you get your replacement? Any updates? Hopefully good news?

Back