Need help identifying benchmade

Maybe a Rukus II? (I don't know anything about either model... Took about 5 seconds to come up with Rukus from your first pics. Based on your second post, I searched Rukus & found out about the II)View attachment 2359538

It’s a fake. Looks like a Rukus in form only, but the Rukus (real model number 610 for the 4” blade, and the mini 615 with the 3.4” blade) was designed by Neil Blackwood, not McHenry/Williams. There is no Benchmade model 1401, as printed under the butterfly.

It’s a fake. Looks like a Rukus in form only, but the Rukus (real model number 610 for the 4” blade, and the mini 615 with the 3.4” blade) was designed by Neil Blackwood, not McHenry/Williams. There is no Benchmade model 1401, as printed under the butterfly.
True enough. As noted, I simply did a search on the image & didn't look so that closely. I also need to try to stop my phone from auto-dimming - I didn't even notice that his images showed an opening hole until this morning

True enough. As noted, I simply did a search on the image & didn't look so that closely. I also need to try to stop my phone from auto-dimming - I didn't even notice that his images showed an opening hole until this morning
I don’t think that’s an opening hole, but a hole where thumb studs used to be. The one pictured is a particularly bad fake. Sadly, there are ones out there which much more closely resemble the real deal.

Thank you. I was leaning toward it being a fake but couldn’t pinpoint it. I’m ignorant when it comes to benchmade.

Back