Need help identifying this straight razor.

Any advice on model, value, rarity appreciated. New to collecting. No visible markings on box, blade, or handle other than "Finest India Steel, Extra Hollow Ground"

Well, the coffin box says Boker, but that's not a definitive means of ID. What are the marks on the covered tang? Is it a tree? If so, that also points to it being a Boker (Arbolito) -- they've used a tree as a trade mark for some time. It does look like a Boker to me in overall style.

The tree symbol on the covered tang looks like the Boker trademark. And the writing - although not very visible - does seem to look like "H. B. Boker..." which is the standard on Boker marked tangs. That plus Boker was known to make covered tangs and I would say that *I'm* 99.99% sure that you have a Boker.

Value? No telling - eBay seems to be nuts these days when it comes to straight razors. Though I can say that I saw a similar covered tang Boker (but with a worked spine - making it more collectible and pricier) go for $80.

Collectibility? Depends on whether *you* find them collectible. As a straight razor user, I would say that it would be valued more by those who would want to restore it and use it than those who just collect straight razors. You could post the same question over at a straight razor forum and get the same sort of varying answers... :) I happen to frequent StraightRazorPlace.com, in that regard.

Just my $0.02

There's a couple of publications about straight razor (and their values) that might be able to help you. One is published by Kraus Publications, but might not cover international (i.e., non-U.S.) manufacturers. Another author to research is Krumholtz; his literature might be able to help you out. Unfortunately, a lot of information on these things has been lost to time; good luck though in finding the info.

Back