Need help iding axe brand

I need help with this one any ideas on maker? Trying to post pic now im new to this thank you

While we’re at it, I picked up this DB from an estate sale. The gentleman lived in a cabin on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. It weighs 4lb-2oz. Stamp is an F inside a diamond. It also had the weight marked 4•1 on the other side. Any ideas?

I want to say the F in a diamond logo belonged to the Wm. Frankfurth Harware Co, but I don't know that for certain.

I want to say the F in a diamond logo belonged to the Wm. Frankfurth Harware Co, but I don't know that for certain.
Could be. I’ve yet to see that mark online. The axe is old and the steel is fantastic. It weighs 4lb 2oz and is a short and stout DB. Theres another DB that I bought atbthe same time and it came from the same lot. The other double bit I’m almost sure is a Plumb. It’s 3lbs 14oz and has some of the best steel I’ve seen and amazing lines that Plumbs are known for. They’re both fairly old and were sold for to little money

Possibly? I’ll be in possession of axe tomorrow or Thursday and will have a much better idea of what we’re looking at. At the top it says Trade (a symbol) Mark.
I am positive about 1904 part. The question is who made it. " Crescent Moon<M>Crescent Moon" maker's mark was used long before AA&Tco and after by various Mann companies (METCo, James H. Mann etc). Most likely it was made by one of Mann' s factories owned by AA&TCo but it is possible it was made by some other member of Mann Clan

I am positive about 1904 part. The question is who made it. " Crescent Moon<M>Crescent Moon" maker's mark was used long before AA&Tco and after by various Mann companies (METCo, James H. Mann etc). Most likely it was made by one of Mann' s factories owned by AA&TCo but it is possible it was made by some other member of Mann Clan
Good deal! Thank you for the information. I’ve yet to see the axe head in person but I really liked the looks of the pictures. I didn’t pay much for it either…

Ok, I have possession of the axe in question. Here are some better images.

Back