Need Help IDing Knife From Jurassic World

I've just seen some stills from Jurassic World, and I spotted Chris Pratt's character carrying a knife scout style.
I doubt we'll see it put to use, but it's a nice addition to the character.
Pratt is an avid hunter, so who knows... maybe it was his idea, or even his knife.

Anyway, can anyone ID it? It looks familiar to me, but I'm drawing a complete blank.
Definitely a custom. Scales remind me of Blind Horse. Pins don't look right for them though.

QWU8AShl.jpg

i3YV12b.jpg

Thanks.

Just wanted to kind of clear the air about the knife Chris Pratt has on his belt in the photos. A friend of mine made the knife. I was in his shop often during the month or so that he was working on it. His name is Steve Auvenshine from Kentucky. He has been making knives for longer than the 20 years that I have known him. He has also worked for the movie industry as an ARMORER and prop maker. You can check him out on IMDB. He has never had a website but if you google "Steve Auvenshine knives" you can see some of his work. Busse (swamp rat knives) may have a piece in the movie but it's not that one.
Sorry to rattle on so much, I posted this same message on another thread. Hope that's ok.
Curtis

Do you know by any chance the specifications of the knife. Mainly just the length of blade and handle. I would guess around 8 inches, but I could be wrong.

Just wanted to kind of clear the air about the knife Chris Pratt has on his belt in the photos. A friend of mine made the knife. I was in his shop often during the month or so that he was working on it. His name is Steve Auvenshine from Kentucky. He has been making knives for longer than the 20 years that I have known him. He has also worked for the movie industry as an ARMORER and prop maker. You can check him out on IMDB. He has never had a website but if you google "Steve Auvenshine knives" you can see some of his work. Busse (swamp rat knives) may have a piece in the movie but it's not that one.
Sorry to rattle on so much, I posted this same message on another thread. Hope that's ok.
Curtis

Thank you for the input! :thumbup:

My wife and i just watched that clip on youtube and she asked me what knife it was, I responded, "looks like a custom" - glad to now know who the maker is :thumbup: Any more images showing the blade? And I agree with a post above, nice sheath, looks like magnetic retention...?

Id love to see more/better pictures of the blade.
It is a Very! good looking knife, I'd wear it :D

looks like a stick tang. The only way I can see the retention system really working is if the leather was form fitted into the grove before the blade starts.

Does anybody have a picture or a link to a picture of the blade of the knife, I have tried googling everything I can think of but I cant find an image of the actual blade anywhere. Any help would be awesome!

Does anybody have a picture or a link to a picture of the blade of the knife, I have tried googling everything I can think of but I cant find an image of the actual blade anywhere. Any help would be awesome!

This is the best that I can find with an outline and profile of the blade edge and thickness...Single Edge, high polish and trailing point? Hunter style with a thick spine?

411503429.jpg

Just image searched the name, myself. Steve seems to like "Gaucho knives", and his work is very clean.

Most of all, I'm glad that the producers of Jurassic world took the time to find a knifemaker, instead of just picking something off the shelf at a hardware store and saying "good enough".

Especially a knifemaker who isn't well known. This needs to happen more often, and not just with knives!

This is the best that I can find with an outline and profile of the blade edge and thickness...Single Edge, high polish and trailing point? Hunter style with a thick spine?

411503429.jpg

That's the scene that made me laugh, he just could of pulled it out with his hands, no need for a knife :rolleyes:

411503429.jpg
Looks like more of a clip point to me, but a rather pointy/sweeping one at that. Nice, classic hunter. A very fitting choice.

That's the scene that made me laugh, he just could of pulled it out with his hands, no need for a knife :rolleyes:

How frequently do you remove Dinosaur parts from nearly indestructible globe rides to have formed that opinion? :rolleyes:

The movie was surprisingly good, mostly because the last few Jurassic Park movies have been surprisingly bad. This one definitely rivals the first one

Back