Need help w Blade centering on Hinderer XM 18 "3" flipper

I just received my first brand new out of the box Hinderer XM 18 "3" flipper. I have noticed the blade is of centered, which was not a huge deal at first. Now after a few days the blade is starting to Rub the side of the G-10 Scale. I ordered the Armorer's Tool but am still having trouble getting the blade to be centered.
Will someone give me instructions on How to get the blade centered so it flips out smooth. I would like to do it myself and not have to send it in for service. Thank you

You would be better off, posting this in the Hinderer forum.

Welcome aboard!!!! And enjoy the Hinderer

There are step by step instructions on how to center an xm blade in the stickies on the rhk forum

I have the same issue and tried the suggested method a number of times.
Didn't work. The blade stays off-centered towards the G10 side.

Rubicon, thx for your comment. After I tighten the handle screws and take out the folded business card from in between blade and G10 side, the blade doesn't stay on the lock side but moves back to center. So when I loosen the pivot again, the blade moves back to where it came from, i.e. off-center and very close to the G10 side.
Not sure if that was clear. :) Do you see a mistake in how I go about it?
Thank you!

I was having a little trouble getting a second hand 3" centered to my anal specifications. It took me a few tries, but I think I finally got it. On the very last step I did not loosen the pivot to perfect action, but split the difference where the blade was centered, and the action was almost ok. That's kinds how they come from the Ranch (a little break-in needed). After a couple of days, the action is settling in nicely, and the blade is still centered. Hope that makes sense. Here is a copy of the steps from a older post given to another from Rob I believe.

1. Open blade to 90 degrees and tighten pivot so that it is really tight.

2. Close the blade and loosen frame screws so they aren’t tight, but still holding the frame together.

3. While the blade is still in the closed position, pull blade towards the side you want the blade to move. In my case, I pulled the blade toward the liner/scale.

4. While pulling blade, tighten the frame screws.

5. Loosen the pivot and adjust it to the desired tension.

These instructions helped to "reset" my blade. Now while in the centered position, my blade has a little more resistance. This is the way I like mine to be.

Rubicon, thx for your comment. After I tighten the handle screws and take out the folded business card from in between blade and G10 side, the blade doesn't stay on the lock side but moves back to center. So when I loosen the pivot again, the blade moves back to where it came from, i.e. off-center and very close to the G10 side.
Not sure if that was clear. :) Do you see a mistake in how I go about it?
Thank you!

The "centering process" and why I made the comment of practice makes perfect ....... is an exercise in becoming familiar with the feel and nuance associated with adjustment. Several factos come into play not the least of which; age of the knife (is it new and still breaking in), amount of lube (if any), tools being used, experience of the individual.
It took me a while to get any good at it and if I go awhile having not done it, I need a few tries to get it right again. I watch Rob do it at a show while he talks to someone not even looking.
It is simple AND it's not.
It requires subtle tweaks. Tough to address in words but, follow the steps - they do work.

Back