Need Help with Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri?

Hello all,

I have a Special Projects Cold Steel Kukri that I got for free.
I can't find any reference too it anywhere.
It's exactly like the Light Kukri but with a Clip Point blade profile.
Just like a regular Kukri but with a Heavy Clip, very pointy.
Has anyone heard of this version and know what model it is?
Kraton Handle, 12 inch Blade 1/8 thickness, Black, clip point
marked Special Projects Cold Steel.

Happy Thanksgiving
Cheers,

Hal:)

I think that rocks! Although I have a BUNCH of CS stuff, most of which I ordered thru Spec Proj. I never received anything marked that way!

I am sure it would serve you well out and about...but you may wanna keep it nice....

Steve in CT

I have a Special Projects flyer from their 4th of July sale. It has a MTC Kukri (mini chopper). The knife is a 10" clip point kukri. Looks more like a short, clipped version of the LTC kukri than a clipped Light Gurkha. No "bend" in the back of the blade.

Is this it or is your knife still different? The MTC looks like a limited run prototype that Cold Steel decided not to mass produce.

Dangelo: Thanks for the kind words. I may Just keep put up and add it to the collection.

Clint Simpson: It sounds like thats the knife !! It does have a 10" Blade, not a 12" and it's recurved on the bottom but straight on top.
I have looked everywhere and yet to find any info or pics of it.
It's a sweet blade and balanced perfect.

Thanks for the info guy's. I appreciate it.
Cheers,

Hal:)

Glad to be of help,Willyfield! BTW, write Cold Steel about the knife after you have some more experience with it and a story or two. They may add it to their regular line!

I just might do that Clint. I plan to e mail them for more info.
I will post what they say. It's a great knife even if I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks Again for the help!!

Hal

Back