Need Kitchen Knife Recommendation Confirmation

My wife is sick of having dull knives. They are an assortment of Henkel, Wustoff, not high end for sure. I spoke with a professional knife sharpener who handles most of the restaurants around here. He does not sell knives. He recommended Global, Shun and Cangshan. We have a Williams Sonoma outlet store here and he said you could find best deals on some of these knives there. The only knife set deeply discounted was Wustoff Craftsman, $500 to $300. Wife doesn't like Global so I think its Shun or Cangshan unless we think the Craftsman line is OK. I don't mind spending he money to get her about three good kitchen knives that will hold an edge. Be gentle. I'm new to this.

Kind regards and HNY,

Steve

My wife is sick of having dull knives. They are an assortment of Henkel, Wustoff, not high end for sure. I spoke with a professional knife sharpener who handles most of the restaurants around here. He does not sell knives. He recommended Global, Shun and Cangshan. We have a Williams Sonoma outlet store here and he said you could find best deals on some of these knives there. The only knife set deeply discounted was Wustoff Craftsman, $500 to $300. Wife doesn't like Global so I think its Shun or Cangshan unless we think the Craftsman line is OK. I don't mind spending he money to get her about three good kitchen knives that will hold an edge. Be gentle. I'm new to this.

Kind regards and HNY,

Steve
Get the two 2-3 Globals, take her to Sonoma and let her fondle them. Vegetable Knife & 8” Chef are two great ones to start! then get the old stuff sharpened. She can always use them and especially when friends come over to help cook for holidays, BBQs etc.., Do not buy a set! You’ll buy knives she doesn’t really like or use...

Back