Need more variety in my EDC

Have you ever thought you needed more variety in your EDC lineup? I know I do.

I have EDC sized fixed blades covered prety well:
  • Benchmade Nimravus Cub
  • Buck/Strider Solution
  • Swamp Rat INFIcoot
  • Rinaldi Enigma

Hopefully I'll also have a Busse Active Duty soon.

However, I don't have quite that much variety in my folders. Aside from just about every Benchmade out there, I only have a few other folders:
  • Buck/Strider Large Spearpoint and Tanto
  • CUDA Maxx Bowie
  • CRK Large Classic Sebenza

I just find that I'm always carrying a Benchmade. Nothing against Benchmade knives, but it gets dull after a while. What should I get to liven up my EDC?

I was thinking of a few things:
  • Buck/Mayo knife
  • William Henry Evolution
  • Strider SnG
  • Spyderco Endura

What else should I look into?

I'd go with the Buck/Mayo (man I wish they had a LH model). Or you could get another Sebbie :D

Originally posted by dylan_d
I'd go with the Buck/Mayo (man I wish they had a LH model). Or you could get another Sebbie :D

Nah, not another Sebbie. I need more variety!

As much as I like my Sebenza, I don't think I would buy another one right now unless I got the one I've got now "Mayonized."

Steven,

I have an carry all the big names as well. Do yourself a favor and pick up a alox handled SAK. I know, not much in the wow factor but cuts like the artic wind.

Originally posted by rick melear
I have an carry all the big names as well. Do yourself a favor and pick up a alox handled SAK. I know, not much in the wow factor but cuts like the artic wind.

I've never been much for SAKs, but maybe a nice little slipjoint would be nice.

I also forgot to mention I'm also considering a PCKS Buck 110.

Dozier Trapper
Cutter Knife and Tool-Brend.
Wait for the Camillus Dominator along with the rest of us thumb twiddlers.
Seki Cut Bob Lum (big or small)
Just for flavor a Queen trapper with nice stag/bone handles and D2 blades.
Emerson, I don't like the Tanto's but the CQC drop points are pretty nice.
I don't have one ,yet, but the Lonewolf Harsey looks like it'll pretty much cut through whatever gets in it's way.

I find myself from time to time starting my day off with the what knife am I going to carry dilema, it's as bad as the what cd's will i put in the cd case....It's all part of lifes rich pageant.

A nice stag handled congress knife. A touch of class with four blades.

Originally posted by max
Wait for the Camillus Dominator along with the rest of us thumb twiddlers.

I love the look of that knife, but for that price I should just keep saving for the real thing! :eek:

Don't discount another Sebbie so fast, just get one that's different from your current version. For example, why not get a regular small Sebbie w/a unique graphic. It'd be a very classy knife that would, IMO, look nicer than the WH Evolution. I've got one and it is an excellent "gent's knife" but is still tough as nails.

We all need more knives, EDC and otherwise. You don't just need one more EDC, you need all you can get. All of us do! To be safe, get one of each that is recommended.

A few suggestions:

- CRKT KFF (large)
- one of the CRKT M16 spearpoint models
- Timberline WorTac (large)
- Microtech Amphibian
- Spyderco Chinook II

CRKT has never appealed to me much, and I just looked at the Timberline Worden Tactical and it didn't seem like anything too special.

The Microtech Amphibian looks nice though.

If you want an inexpensive tactical folder good for EDC:

Spyderco- Endura, Delica, Native, 3D Native, Calypso Jr., S.S. Cricket (these models all have VG-10 and Native has S30V)

Benchmade- You covered them.

Camillus- EDC (154CM)

Kershaw and CRKT- Others seem to like them...They're not really my thing...

If you want a more expensive tactical folder:

Spyderco- Police(VG-10), Military(s30V), Lum Chinese(VG-10), Ti-Salsa(ATS-34), Chinook(S30V), Kiwi(VG-10), Peter Herbst(VG-10), Tim Zowada(VG-10), ATR(when it comes out...S30V)

Benchmade- Again, you got 'em.

CRK- Mnandi (BG-42)<-- has this been updated?? and yea...not really a Tactical folder but close enough

Microtech's and MOD- same as Kershaw and CRKT, others like them alot, they don't interest me...

Al-Mar- Shrike(VG-10), Sere2K(VG-10)

If you want good slipjoints:

Case- QC is sometimes a question...but when ya get a good one they are nice

Queen/S&M- Probably the best manufacturer, but they cost more than others

Victorinox- Great QC and overall quality is the best for the price.

Sorry for the long post, but those are what I would want. (Plus the stuff you already have) As you can see I'm partial to Spyderco. Benchmade is my other fav., but you already have most of them. I would say give Spyderco a try and you will be pleased.
-Kevin

:) :) :)

Originally posted by Steven Roos
I love the look of that knife, but for that price I should just keep saving for the real thing! :eek:

of course if you sold me your Rinaldi, you'd be that much closer.

Originally posted by mumbleypeg
of course if you sold me your Rinaldi, you'd be that much closer.

Sorry, I don't think I could part with it!

Welcome to Bladeforums!

Back