Need some good luck wishes for Maisy !!!

I can't believe I posted the thread about Maisy last night and she has just come off the operating table today.:(
It seemed she was playing with Snicker running after fallen apples and managed to get 1/4 of one stuck in the opening to her stomach !!!!
She could hardly walk and was breathing heavily so I rushed her to the vets thinking she had twisted her stomach.
Anyway they had a nightmare getting the obstruction out and had to go in from both ways to get it. She is just coming round from her anesthetic so if you could send some get well wishes her way that would be great !!!!:thumbup:

Prayers on the way.

Sorry to hear the news, Pit. My thoughts are with you and Maisy.

This is pretty unnerving, actually. I was just out for a long hike with my lab Ruby, and she was running around with a small apple in her mouth for a good chunk of it. I hope that Maisy makes a full and swift recovery.

All the best,

- Mike

Latest update is that she is doing well but sleeping, they are keeping her in overnight to monitor her.

Thanks for the well wishes !!!!

Best wishes Pit. My daughter in law had to take her Lab in for surgery a couple weeks ago, for some reason the Lab ate a piece of a rug and needless to say, couldn't digest it. I don't know if there was some meat juice or something on the rug but they got about a pint of the crap out of her stomach. She is doing well now too. My daughter in law is about a 1000 bucks poorer but happy to have her home.

Best wishes Pit. My daughter in law had to take her Lab in for surgery a couple weeks ago, for some reason the Lab ate a piece of a rug and needless to say, couldn't digest it. I don't know if there was some meat juice or something on the rug but they got about a pint of the crap out of her stomach. She is doing well now too. My daughter in law is about a 1000 bucks poorer but happy to have her home.

Yeah we have just had a nightmare week, started off with a bill for $1500 because our chimney was condemned, then the wifes car broke down and she had to be towed home and then today this.....I just have my fingers crossed that our run of bad luck is over cos we have run out of both cash and nerves !!!!

Maisy is a true "personality."

Of course, she has the well-wishes of my entire Clan. And there's a lot of us!!:)

No apple can keep Maisy down for long.:thumbup:

Just fetched her home, feeling very sorry for herself !

P9190014-1.jpg

That's some stitches eh and then she has lots more internally !!!!

P9190015.jpg

Poor thing.
Is TT behaving herself or trying to play with Maisy?
Back when I had two dogs, when one was injured the other knew it and refrained from horseplay (dogplay?).
I think they can smell the wounds and understand.

Dave

Back