Need some smoke & prayers for my Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.
John,
Good news. More hugs from me to you and your family.
BA

My Dad died last night around 8:00.He wasn't in any pain when he went.

I'm actually relieved to see him go.He never recovered from the accident & was only a small fraction of the man he once was.He was blind,bedridden, & mentally "somewhere else" this past 11 months.He couldn't even enjoy food(one of the simplest pleasures in life).He was being fed thru a tube the whole time.

When the accident first happened,I just wanted him to live.I had no idea what kind of "life" he would have.Had I known then what I know now,I would've prayed for his death.At least then he would have died with some dignity.

Thanks for all the well wishes,good thoughts & prayers everyone.

My condolences John, it's never easy, we pray for them to live than we feel guilty when we see the quality of life they have.
Take solace in the fact that he's not in any pain, free from the weight of his mortal restraints and is now free to watch over his family and friends.

Smoke and prayers for you, his family and his friends.

I'm so sorry, John, for your father's passing and for all the heartache that preceded it.

May he rest in peace, and may you find peace yourself in the ongoing aftermath.

~ P.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Here's a link for his obituary.

obdg0918aroderick69_20120918.jpg
Mr. Armand J. Roderick, 69, died Sunday, Sept. 16, 2012, at Carneys Point Care Center in Carneys Point, N.J. Funeral services will take place Wednesday, 10:30 a.m. from the Lehrer- Gibilisco Funeral Home, 275 West Milton Ave., Rahway, N.J., followed by an 11 a.m. Funeral Mass at St. Agnes R.C. Church, Clark, N.J. Visitation is Tuesday from 7 to 9 p.m. and Wednesday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the funeral home. Armand was born in Athens, Ga., and lived in Rahway for the past 37 years. He was a U.S. Navy veteran and was a brakeman for Conrail retiring in 1980. He was an avid motorcycle enthusiast and a member of the Iron Knights of Newark, N.J. Armand was a loving husband, father and grandfather and will be missed by all. Mr. Roderick was predeceased by his two daughters, Deborah Roderick in 1999, and Christe Anne Roderick in 2007. He is survived by his wife, Carol Ann (Granieri) Roderick, of 32 years; a daughter, Irene Osti; two sons, John Roderick and Matthew Roderick; two step-daughters, Michelle Beyer and Melissa Urso, and also survived by nine grandchildren.
Published in Star-Ledger on September 18, 2012

Armand J. Roderick

January 15,1943 - September 16,2012

Rest in Peace,Dad

Last edited:
John,

It's very saddening to read this. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending smoke, prayers and lots of positive thoughts your way.

My condolences to you and your family. Sorry about your loss.

Smoke sent from Bavaria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back