need to pay for college - Durba's for sale!

wildmanh

Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker
I need to raise some quick cash so I can pay for College so I'm putting a couple of knives up for sale. (Don't want to but such is life:()

Note: I'll be going to Arches National Park with the Outdoor Club Friday afternoon (2:00pm MDT) and won't be back till Saturday night. So if you email me after 1:45pm I'll get back to you after I get home.

#1. 25" Ang Khola by Durba. A field report with pics can be found on my website:Field Report - H.I. 25" AK - The knife has a small crack in the handle and a small ding or two in the blade near the tip. And the handle on the Karda has a couple of deep scratches (not sure how to fix it short of sanding them out). I've given the handles (AK, K and C) the Walosi Tung oil finish. Am asking $195 USD shipped CONUS.

#2. Durba dagger which was a "Make what you want special". - it is used, has some scratches from sharpening and the blade is slightly discolored. Am asking $80 USD shipped CONUS Jim, it's a one of a kind DURBA!!!!;)

Email me if you are interested. I can email pics after I get back from Arches.

Knives will ship after reciving payment. Money Order please. Keeps things simple. I need the money bad to pay fees and make a payment towards tutition so I'm willing to negotiate on price a little bit.

Thanks for looking :)

Jim, you know you want them:D

I hope the post makes sence (wrote the post at about 3:30 MDT). Stayed up this late after work so Jim would be the first to see, cause I know he loves Durbas.:D

Talked to Jim (VIA email) this morning. He said:
Don't think
they will last, right now I'm looking for something else! Good luck!
So these fine (used) Durba's are still up for grabs.

Originally posted by Bill Martino
Fridays are slow. People are planning for weekend.
That's cool. I'm heading out for Arches right now so if anyone is interested, I'll get back to you Sunday. Have a great weekend.:D

I'd go to Canyonlands instead....much, much less traffic. Delicate Arch is pretty cool, but I'd prefer getting lost in the Maze.

Either way, though, it'll be tough finding a workout for your K's

Good trip...

:)

Speaking of Arches,
Who remembers 10 years ago when Moab had no bikes or 4x4s to speak of? We'd go there for the day and not see a soul for most of the trip.

Hi everyone, the trip to Arches - Moab was good. After finding camp by the Colorado river (out side moab) and making a fire, the President (Kat) and I did a huge dutch oven dinner. Then we told stories and jokes till about 1:30am.:D The next day we had breakfast and broke camp. A friend (Alandee) wasn't feeling good so we (her and I) headed back for Snow College while the others Hiked though the Arches. For Alandee and I it was a round trip to Moab in 24 hours. Very fast, but fun.:D Since the area is mostly desert I didn't get a chance to use my 15" AK.:( It just sat ready under the seat of my car. Hopefully it will see action on the next trip.:)

Roger, I saw a ton of 4x4s, Land Rovers, mini trucks and a few older (mid to late 60's)Toyota Land Crusers:D. 10 years ago I lived in Ceder City and was happy hiking and camping in the Mountains around there so I never saw Moab before it Blew up. Moab is a nice place to visit, but I prefer the mountians.:D

Both knives are still up for sale! If anyone interested in Buying Godzilla (25" AK) for $175 to $190 shipped with the option that I can buy him back at the same price this summer? Let me know. -edit- I have new pics of the blade and handle. Email me if you want to see them -end edit-

Roger, you have mail!

Tohatchi, never been to CanyonLands. The club already has the rest of the year packed (This weekend we are off to the local Hot Springs:p) but I'm trying to get them to go this fall.

Anybody know where the Hickman Natural Bridge is located? I've been there almost 2 years ago and it was Awesome, but can't remember where it is.

Sorry bout that Mike:eek:. You should have the pics now.

Back