Needs Work

I just saw a new Kershaw assisted-opener called the "Needs Work".
Here's the description, from Knife Outlet.
<<<<4.18" closed. 3" Sandvik 13C26 blade (plain edge). Black polyamide handle. Locking liner. Stainless pocket clip. Made in U.S.A. $29.95>>>>

Does anybody have any experience with this knife?
Is the pocket clip reversible, tip-up or tip-down?

It reminds me of the Dodo without the opening hole. Its a neat little knife. The price point is certainly right. I'll tell you what the blade shape is excellent also. The handle was a bit short for my big paw but it certainly worked in it.

Cutting with it was no problem and my wife just loved it but she is scared to death of the assisted opening thing. She always has me remove those springs like she did on here Chive.

STR

Here are some pics of the Needs Work with the Groove and my (#1 EDC) Boron Leek! I though I would like the Needs Work in the Kitchen and for chopping food, and I was right! The blade doesn't make 100% contact with cutting surface, because of the finger guard, but it would if you were to grind down about a millimeter of the finger guard and flipper. I also don't like the pocket clip because when I am wearing loose-fitting shorts or slacks, the knife tends to twist when its in my pocket. It might not be the clip that causes it. If the knife could be carried tip up instead, the heaviest part of the knife would be lower in the pocket. Oh well,

Great knife for +/- $35! :thumbup:

100_1158.jpg

100_1147.jpg

100_1165.jpg

100_1163.jpg

100_1164.jpg

Back