• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Neil Blackwood--Where is he?

@crown - that's just not right. can you take a trip down to where Neil is and see him in person and ask for the money back (plus travel expenses). I hate this thing - I've bought from Neil many years ago, he didn't have such issues then. if you take someone's money for 5 years and not deliver, that's theft or negligent behaviour, both of which are not acceptable. I can understand a couple of months delay after taking the money.

what happens if you die before receiving it? what happens if situation changes? I've been caught in situations like this and I hate the fact that some makers do not understand that whilst they have personal issues, so do I. nobody likes to work on stuff they don't like but once you've signed the contract, you just have to do it. we work on stuff we don't like so we can spend more time on stuff we like.

Crown you need to get ahold of neil on instagram it seems. someone should also link neil back to this thread so the masses can perhaps get an explanation.

Agreed. I've seen Neil post on Instagram as well lately.

Not in any way to say I don't believe Crown's posts but there has been no proof posted just yet. (I've heard the stories though)
I've heard of the issues w/Neil but so far this is a baseless thread proof wise on bladeforums without email correspondence, quotes or photo proof of receipt just yet.

Last edited:
I know of 14 people who are owed money or knives by Neil. Personally, I sent him $1,175 in November 2013 for a knife that was supposed to be completed in two days and I'm still waiting. Neil himself has created a secret Facebook group called Knife Neutral where he occasionally provides excuses as to why he can't made good on his promises. If he owes you money and you are not in the group, ask to join.

I know of 14 people who are owed money or knives by Neil. Personally, I sent him $1,175 in November 2013
put off for going on 5 years to claim $1200 owed to me
14 people at least 2 for over $1K- Wow. And that's just a quick browse. All while still posting knives on a different venue.

Neil has promised to start working off his backlog of knives/money he owes to people. We'll see. He said we'd see progress this week so I can let folks know if this is another empty promise. As to his health/state of mind, he has had a rough go of things. However, that does not excuse outright lies. He told me via email that he had a knife on the bench that he could get to me within a couple of weeks. So I put down a deposit. That was years ago. Shame on me for not filing with PayPal when I could. But, I did expect some degree of integrity. I have learned a lesson.
As to why Neil thinks it is okay to build and sell knives on Facebook while owing others knives/money - well that speaks for itself. Based on my experience with him I would be leary of sending him a knife to work on. He needs to first demonstrate he is a person of integrity. Perhaps he can regain trust.
At this point, those of us in this boat are hoping Neil gets it together and will begin to do the right thing. I sincerely hope he does. I will keep you posted.

Even if he does decide to shape up........would any of us ever trust him again? Somethings are almost impossible to bounce back from. 5 years of lying BS to a great customer??
I am pretty sure some people are unhelpable........
Joe

Man, a new guy getting into the scene would read a few threads here and sack it right off! These bad guys bring heat on the honest old timers that would not dream of throwing someone under the bus.

I mean so many makers are going dark on customers with their money. Personally I have had a belly full of the 'honest dude maker gets in over his head then his pappy gets sick' apologists/fanboys.

It seems like it's a new name being bandied about every week who has gone rogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1) Never pay in full for a knife in advance.
2) Pay via PayPal Goods and Services.

Follow these 2 simple rules and your chances of being ripped off are greatly diminished.

Here's an update as I promised. Neil posted the first knife to clear up the list of people he owes knives/money. I don't want to imply this is over, but he did what he said he'd do. As I said before, we all want this cleared up once and for all. Let's hope we are headed down a good path.
Thanks all.

Neil promised a knife as a refund to someone on the list today and he did deliver. I'm going to refrain from blasting him in hopes that he is able to clear up his backlog.

Fingers crossed.

Edit: Gary beat me. At least we said the same thing! Ha!

Last edited:
Well how is everyone doing a year later?

I just purchased a Henchman from a dealer and am eagerly awaiting delivery. I know the man is a legend and I really wanted to own a piece made by him. I'm thankful for BF for occasions just like this. Because of this thread I decided I would never go directly to him for a one off. No disrespect and nothing against him but from what I read I was just much more comfortable buying a finished knife. This thread possibly saved me time/money/headaches, it's just unfortunate that info like that comes at the expense of others. I hope he is doing better and that he got caught up for everyones sake.

Agreed. I've seen Neil post on Instagram as well lately.

Not in any way to say I don't believe Crown's posts but there has been no proof posted just yet. (I've heard the stories though)
I've heard of the issues w/Neil but so far this is a baseless thread proof wise on bladeforums without email correspondence, quotes or photo proof of receipt just yet.

Testimony is the prototypical "proof." You may chose not to believe. but your accusation against Crown is "baseless."

Back