Neil Blackwood's Excellent Mods on a Spear Point Buck Strider

Gary W. Graley

“Imagination is more important than knowledge"
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Kodiak PA lucked into another deal with Neil on a fix up of his special 1st Production Run folder, sweet scales and smooth opening with solid lockup, jeweled liners that are anodized/coloured golden.... very nice!

G2

Beautiful job by Neil, as you would expect. But.... I WISH HE WOULD STOP FOOLING AROUND AND GET BUSY WITH HIS OWN FOLDERS!!!;) Thanks for youe effort, Gary. Congrat's to Greg. That is a very cool combination of materials!:)

Neil did this one first. He does first rate work. Thanks Neil!

Attachments

• strider.jpg
    strider.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 736
I was lucky enough to see the first one he did at Blade show in Atlanta a few years ago.

Very awesome

Mick

Gary,
I KNEW that knife would wind up in your hands!! Can't WAIT to see the sheath for it.

I had a major setback with the folder I'm currently working on, I GROUND THE DAMN BLADE TOO THIN!!!!! The knife is large, 3/16" blade stock. I was about and hour and a half from finishing the knife, the frame, handles and pivot hardware are DONE..... now I have to cut out a new blade blank!! I admit, once in a while a blade ends up in the garbage, I just wish it wasn't my FOLDER BLADE THIS TIME:mad:

Neil

Lou,
This is the only picture I currently have...I will try to snap a pic and email you this weekend.

Thanks!

Greg wanted this one pivot down so he could use the lanyard that Neil made, works well, tip down retains a little better since the butt of the handle widens and makes the sheath hold tighter but this works well also...
You're welcome Greg...
Heading yourway tomorrow Sir!
G2

Gary,

YUP, that will work :)

For anyone that may have never seen one of Gary's sheaths in person, they are amazing. How he gets ONE PIECE of leather to bend, mold and curve around the knife is unbelievable.....Not to mention stitching it all together!!

Neil

Thanks Neil, your knife is a great compliment as well!

Here is a scan I did before the sheath left for the Island of Kodiak Alaska... a little different than the one above...I tilted the sheath to let the scanner light come at a different angle, shows the leather off a little nicer I think, the one above is where it is laying flat on the scanner and you can see reflection back...not as nice.

G2

Back