Neil Roberts Warrior Knife

So after I posted on the knives used by SEALs thread, I get this Neil Roberts Warrior Knife in the mail with a note that says "enjoy!" I look at the return address and it's from my buddy Paul. Paul was a LRRP in Viatnam and collects all manner of stuff, from things that go bang, knives watches etc.

I call him up to ask "Paul, why is there a Neil Roberts Warrior Knife at my house?

"I saw your post on FB* about the knives at the museum and thought if anyone should have that, you should, so I sent it" he says.

"Where did you get i?" I ask

"I don't remember, it's been sitting in a box for at least a decade so and until saw that pic, forgot I had it"

And so it went. I now have a never used in box Neil Roberts Warrior Knife! I plan to bring it to the museum to show the crew. It's a beauty to be sure. My problem is, a knife that pretty usually sits in the safe as I don't want to scratch it. I just sold a Crusader Forge here due to the same reason, it sat in my safe year after year and was never used.

It's good to have friends like Paul. As contrast, with my HH The MFK-02 GEN II. Talk about beauty and the beast. One looks like a greyhound, the other like a bulldog, so ugly it's pretty. I tend to like knives that are more like a pry bar with a point as it reduces my fears (justified or not) of snapping off a tip and such and I care not that they may be sub par at giving me thin slices from a tomato.... The The MFK-02 GEN II I have been using and briefly reviewed in another thread.

View attachment 1051652 View attachment 1051655

* + posted same on my FB page.

The Neil Roberts is a really cool knife, and Paul sounds like an amazing friend. Congrats on having both. :D

The Neil Roberts is a really cool knife, and Paul sounds like an amazing friend. Congrats on having both. :D

It is a pretty knife to be sure. Similar to the Pacific but the lines more organic in my opinion and just as functional. Not sure what the total produced was, but I don't think there's many floating around.

At Museum with #1 oh 184 in display, and mine. For those who may not recall the story, it was a bad day all around, but Roberts did what such men do under the worst of circumstances, attack:

"A SEAL rescue force finally reached Roberts’s body after a battle that left three SEALs seriously wounded. Real-time video and evidence the rescue force discovered revealed Roberts had died fighting. Although shot several times, Roberts had nevertheless assaulted a machine-gun nest using grenades and his nine-millimeter SIG Sauer pistol. Roberts did not lose the SIG during his fall because SEALS wear the weapon holstered and strapped to their legs. Rather than attempting to hide or surrender, Roberts had attacked the machine-gun crew because of the threat they posed for any rescue helo. In all, the SEALs estimated Roberts engaged a force of some 50 terrorists and killed or wounded several until he ran out of ammunition and was himself killed."

https://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2002/apr/04/did-navy-seal-die-afghanistan/#

50250717_10155954780796517_7680724392355037184_n.jpg

Back