• sketch #4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Chris

SAHD/Knifemaker
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
This should be the last poll thread before steel starts to get cut.
I deepened the finger "choil" in 2 of the sketches.

Let me know what you think.

nes4.jpg

All sketches are 9" OAL, blade height is 1.63" at the widest.

I like 4 the best... Thank you for deepening the finger "choil" seriously it saves me on bandaids.

But 3 and 4 are so close either are a win honestly. Still like 4 though lol

I liked the deeper choil on number 3, and the hump was just right.

Chris, how important for your design is this hump in the middle of the handle? In your original muk the handle was almost straight.

Also the blade of #3 here reminds me that of #5 of the original poll, while the other three here look like that of the "fusion" design. Is that real or just my imagination?

Last edited:
4. though all very close... handle looks a bit more round and full, and blade tip/spine looks better..

I like #3 as long as the handle doesn't get too thin :) One of the reasons I love your knives is the thicker, more generous handles I have seen

Chris, how important for your design is this hump in the middle of the handle? In your original muk the handle was almost straight.

Also the blade of #3 here reminds me that of #5 of the original poll, while the other three here look like that of the "fusion" design. Is that real or just my imagination?

I am not trying to recreate a previous pattern of mine or anyone else, I am wanting it to be more Nessmuk inspired. The hump in the handle makes for a very comfortable purchase and allows me to really put some contours in the scales. It also gives plenty of grip for heavy carving or draw cuts, and allows the knife to be held with just a thumb and forefinger if needed to manipulate something else with the rest of the hand.
As for the patterns, 1 and 4 are the same knife and 2 and 3 are the same knife. 3 and 4 are only different from the others twin because of the deeper finger "guard".

Thanks Chris!

While I voted for #3 I'd be happy whatever version eventually wins. Both are so sweet!

I voted for #4 as it has more belly towards the tip of the blade which is similar to most of my other Nessmuk knives. I like the deeper finger grove on the handle as I feel it will help lock it in better in the hand. This design will make it an excellent knife in the home or camp kitchen, skinning game and even processing out fish like salmon. Overall another impressive take on a classic design that gets me really excited. Great job Chris.

I voted for #4 as it has more belly towards the tip of the blade which is similar to most of my other Nessmuk knives. I like the deeper finger grove on the handle as I feel it will help lock it in better in the hand. This design will make it an excellent knife in the home or camp kitchen, skinning game and even processing out fish like salmon. Overall another impressive take on a classic design that gets me really excited. Great job Chris.

Thanks TLA.
I, personally, think that the higher point makes it more attractive.
The higher point also gives more available cutting edge to work with as well.

I will leave this open for just another day or two.
After that I will lay out what blades I can on the steel and get ready to start sawing.

Thanks for participating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back