• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Nessmuk Inspired Slipjoint

man that is a Nessmuk.
first slippy-ness i ever saw.
i admire your fixed blades and had no idea you made slip joints.
real nice.
thanks for the images,
buzz

Would love to have one. Hope you make more. Sounds like you could stay busy a long time making one for everyone who wants one

I'm really sorry guys but there is no list on these folders. I'm not making them right now and I don't know when I will. They take too long and not as easy as a fixed blade to make.

Steel: 1095
Closed length: 4 1/2"
Opened length: 7 3/4"
Handle: black paper micarta with brass liners and pins
Price: SOLD
backspring is strong and flush in the open, closed and half stop position
Thanks,
-Ray Laconico

f3.JPG

f2.JPG

f1.JPG

f4.JPG

f5.JPG
RAY, YOUR "NESSMUK INSPIRED SLIPJOINT" IS A HIT...OUT OF THE PARK & THEN SOME!
THANKS FOR MAKING THIS "NIS" & POSTING GREAT PHOTOS FOR FOLKS TO SEE & ADMIRE!
YOU NAILED IT, MY FRIEND!:thumbup:

WOW! I'm normally a fixed blade carrier in the woods (as a mainstay blade), but dang thats a nice folder!

helluva decent price too.

I'm really sorry guys but there is no list on these folders. I'm not making them right now and I don't know when I will. They take too long and not as easy as a fixed blade to make.

hopefully in the near future?? damn shame not to see more coming you got a big seller in this style . whenever if and when you make 1 or more id take one and hopefully one day before i die id have one lol .

I think the real point is that these take two or three times as long to make as a fixed blade. Are we willing to pay the appropriate price for one to make it worth Ray's time?

I think the real point is that these take two or three times as long to make as a fixed blade. Are we willing to pay the appropriate price for one to make it worth Ray's time?

That's correct. In the time it takes me to make one good folder, I can make 3fixed blades that each sell for the same price as the one folder. I like making folders and I will make them for fun once in a while but knifemaking is my job and I need to make money! :)

Ray, I recently owned and sold one of your folders, but it was not because I didn't like it. In fact, I loved it and was ASTONISHED at the fit and finish, but in the end I decided that carbon steel might not be the best choice for my intended use and like so many of us on Bladeforums something had to go:eek:. With all due respect, the knife itself was really worth at least twice or more what you charged for it and I honestly think you could easily get that price for more of them if you took orders. Throw in a stainless blade and I'll be a buyer at that price;)

i wish ray could turn out more knives like the nessie slippie ,, but obviously as he has said , time consuming and money is an issue , like all of us face in these dark days which sucks. it sucks cannot turn out knives like koster does but i like handmade knives better then the blanks being sent out to be laser cut into a knife like the big wig bladesmen do . i think handmade you get the art , the work and sweat of the knifemaker and you appreciate the work better and the knife as well. thats just my 2 cents. i would love to have one and would one in a second but me like others must put our wants on hold and hope for the best with blademasters .

Ray why not charge more if theres a demand and they're willing to spend the extra money.I dont know what that sold for but I think 450-500 is a fair price,particularly if you consider thats about average for what the other slippies on this forum are going for.Variety in a makers portfolio also makes them more collectable in most cases.When I saw you at BAKCA, I was extremely tempted to ask permission to duplicate this knife as I love it and so do many others,but I didnt because thats a trademark knife for you and I doubt others would appreciate it being copied.Now that you made this one it should be much quicker to duplicate.

Back