New 710-1401 from Knifeworks (pics added)

Discussion in 'Benchmade Knife Company' started by cistercian, Jun 29, 2015.

1. cistercian

cistercian Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Thank you!I note the D2 710 is 153 at knifeworks.169.95 seems a tiny increase for a polished split arrow clip,M390 and epic blue black G10!!!

2. Rappy

Rappy

Aug 2, 2014
    Benchmade is throwing me through a loop, first I want a Barrage, then Griptilian, now the 710 !
    :confused: :D

3. jpm2

jpm2

Nov 19, 2014
    Hmm...
    Nothing to add... quoted for the archives....

4. cistercian

Apr 22, 2015
  5. rpn

rpn Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Looks great. This one has been tempting me since they marked it down.

6. cistercian

Apr 22, 2015
    Me too...I was afraid I would miss out so I got it.And I am glad I did!!!

Go ahead and get it!I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  7. salmonkiller

salmonkiller

Dec 9, 2006
    It is still relevant.How many customers purchased defective knives and did not send knives in for replacement or repair? Why remove the notification on the site?I never saw the notification and was not notified by BM or KW that I need to send my defective knife in for repair or replacement.I can't say that I agree with you Sir...KW is a top tier dealer in general, but since MAP pricing they no longer offer BM discounts.The BM Exclusives that KW currently offers have been available for quite a long time now.I wonder if the price will keep dropping?Seems like an anomaly in my eyes.......

8. cistercian

Apr 22, 2015
    I don't know if it is an anomaly...I suspect it is nearly the end of the run of them though.Which is why I ordered mine.

I really did not want to miss it.

I think Benchmade will handle any serious problems with these if they pop up.I expect you would report promptly any issues with any blade received...

Did you get burned? If so it would be good to post it!

9. Stand Straight

Stand Straight

Oct 11, 2013
    You make a solid point and I agree with your premise that there are undoubtedly knives that have been sold with that defect that have never been fixed. I do also agree with you that Knife Works, since they are the exclusive retailer of the 710-1401, should still maintain some notification even if it were to point a purchaser back to Benchmade for the repair service if the tip protrusion were a problem. But maybe there is a statute of limitations that have been adhered to and is now passed as far as required by...?? in which KW did as required. I say maybe...I don't know.
    I do retract my statements in my post of "not relevant" and "no longer a concern." It would certainly be relevant and a concern to anyone having the defective knife.
    As far as MAP pricing goes, if we could put it to a vote MAP would exist no longer. I just look at the knife and count the cost.
    Thanks Salmonkiller for your astute perusal of my flawed post.