New Account problems

I have registered a new account for what I would like to be my new forum name. Since I no longer live in NJ I would like to use this name (RJSmith). When I try to access the forums with my new name(RJSmith), I get this message:

Thank you for logging in,
RJSmith. This message is immediately followed by this message:
RJSmith, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be
due to one of several reasons:

1.. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this
page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative
features or some other privileged system?
2.. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your
account, or it may be awaiting activation.

What's the deal here? To the best of my knowledge, I have done everything correctly but I still get this message. Can this problem be rectified?

So instead of paying $10 and having your username changed (and supporting the forums), you chose instead to register a new account (cluttering up our database), and now want help with it? :rolleyes:

Errrrr, did you activate the account? Do you have the right password?

Well I can see your point to some extent. Eventually when I get some spare change I will probably go for the knifemaker account, but for now I just don't have the need for it. I did everything that the bladeforum emails asked of me. I have since deleted some of my emails so I am not sure if I actually received the activation email or not, but, if I did receive it I can guarantee that I did activate. I wouldn't just delete the email without reading and responding. Also, I have used the "forgot my password" link several times in the hopes that this would rectify the situation. It did not. If you really think that I am cluttering up your databases then all I can say is I am genuinely sorry. Judging from all the shutdowns and technical problems around here, me cluttering up your databases is probably the last thing you need. :D :p :D

Look at the mail you deleted in your trash bin (I hope you didn't empty your trash too)....

It sounds like you didn't activate the account. I hear you saying you're pretty sure you must have, or would have, but ... that's all I can think of.

Yeah, unfortunately I emptied the trash bin. I recently got hit with an onslaught of spam and was busy deleting it all. If you guys can send me another activation email that would be cool, but if you can't or don't want to, it won't be the end of the world for me either. If I was actually paying for this it would be a different story, I'd probably be pissed. ;)

I don't know ... maybe you should just pay the $10 for the name change....

Nah, don't get me wrong, I do support other forums but they have a much better record when it comes to tech problems and such. I'd bet that this forum makes a boatload of money from both members and advertisers. If this is the case, then shouldn't the user expect exceptional customer service and tech support, if they are paying for it? Like I said, I am not paying for it (yet) so no harm, no foul. I'm out, just like my new account. :)

Ok, now you are just trying to troll. This forum doesn't even break even on members or advertisers, and your wanting to get over doesn't help matters. We have have an excellent track record for a site that DOESN'T COST MONEY TO JOIN, but then again, why am I even wasting my time on something this unproductive.

ROTFL at Ren. Yeah, you are right I do spend about that much on beer in a day. Hey Mr. Spark, how do I go about paying you the $10? Do you accept paypal or credit cards? I will cough up the money as long as you set me up with the new name. By the way, I didn't mean to sound like a troll, just stating my opinion at the time. I hope there are no hard feelings. -Rick

I can't be bothered to help you; I'm too worried about how I'm going to get all this money to the bank! My Rolls Royce is in the shop getting gold plated, and we took in way too much money this week to fit it all in either my Porsche or my Lamborghini. Whatever shall I do? It's a pirate's life....

Pay-Pal is an anti-Second Amendment organization. Credit cards work, though. If more people would use credit cards instead of sending me chests full of gold coins that would simplify things....

orig.jpg

cougar.JPG

Your post is very interesting. Not the comedy part, that sucked ass, but would you care to elaborate on how paypal is anti-second amendment?

Paypal is owned by Ebay..Ebay is very anti gun.

Btw if your coughing up $10 Id suggest going whole hog and get a gold membership..you wont regret it..

Ren

It's not just a matter of refusing to do business with gun dealers; they are also a major source of funding for the antis.

That's very interesting. I had no idea they were anti-guns. Thanks for that info. I will probably do the upgrade one way or the other, when I have the patience to try and navigate the site properly. Right now I think I will go and have some recreational beverages,. :)

Back