New Adamas Full Size Auto Going Back For Warranty Repair

I am not having much luck in my new found hobby of collecting mid to high tier knives! First I picked up a fake Adamas Mini...luckily I was able to return it for full refund! I didn't even know counterfeit knives were a thing until after I bought it! Then I bought a new Adamas Full Size 7250FE-2 from GovX but when it arrived, it had an issue with the safety lock right out of the box! I was able to manipulate it a few times but it seems like the lock bar is bent or misshaped somehow! The Axis lock refuse to work properly and will stick either closed or open and the safety doesn't even seem to work in either position. It was like this right out of the box...I had trouble with the first attempt to open it! I called Benchmade and they said to send it in! I hope I get it back fast and 100% reliable fixed!! I am not the most patient guy around!! Do you guys think they will repair or replace? I really want to love this knife but no starting out on a good foot! :(

Last edited:
Looks to me like someone bent that safety spring way out of place. Then maybe returned it to GovX? If you send it in we will likely just replace the safety spring.

Looks to me like someone bent that safety spring way out of place. Then maybe returned it to GovX? If you send it in we will likely just replace the safety spring.
It was sealed when I got it (clear round tape) as a matter of fact, I even used my son's Griptilian to open it, LOL! It wouldn't move right out of the box...I didn't use any excess force but I wouldn't be surprised if I caused the spring to bend by trying to close it after I was able to manipulate it open after some fidgeting, but there was definitely something wrong right out of the box. I talked to a super helpful young lady at Benchmade that is helping me out with getting it fixed up! It is on the way to you 2nd day air!

The gentleman you quoted, Jimmy, knows a few things about Benchmade knives. Some venders do reseal boxes and resale items. I would have returned it to the vender instead of Benchmade. I bet they will take care of you though - let us know.

The gentleman you quoted, Jimmy, knows a few things about Benchmade knives. Some venders do reseal boxes and resale items. I would have returned it to the vender instead of Benchmade. I bet they will take care of you though - let us know.
I did not mean for it to sound like that! I just mentioned that it looked sealed...no discoloration, damage or residue. But he is absolutely correct and I am not arguing in any way! Please don't twist it any other way! I have the upmost respect for Jimmy, Benchmade and I have heard nothing but good about their amazing customer service, which so far has not disappointed in one bit!!

As a mater of fact, I mentioned it because I was going to post a pic of me opening a new Benchmade with an old Benchmade, LOL!

Last edited:
I did not mean for it to sound like that! I just mentioned that it looked sealed...no discoloration, damage or residue. But he is absolutely correct and I am not arguing in any way! Please don't twist it any other way! I have the upmost respect for Jimmy, Benchmade and I have heard nothing but good about their amazing customer service, which so far has not disappointed in one bit!!

As a mater of fact, I mentioned it because I was going to post a pic of me opening a new Benchmade with an old Benchmade, LOL!

No problem, I must have given you the wrong impression. Sorry for that - hope you get your knife back quickly.

No problem, I must have given you the wrong impression. Sorry for that - hope you get your knife back quickly.
Thanks! It's all good! Forum posts have a way of delivering the wrong ideas! I'll keep you guys posted and I'll post some epic photos once it's back!! šŸ˜

Well we will get it straightened out for you šŸ˜. Sorry to see this. I sure would hope that this wasn't done internally. That spring is bent severely out of place.

Well we will get it straightened out for you šŸ˜. Sorry to see this. I sure would hope that this wasn't done internally. That spring is bent severely out of place.
I think something was out of place and I probably made it worse by trying to manipulate the knife! But that spring did look strange from the second I opened the box! Thanks Jimmy...it will be there tomorrow!

Just curious, but do those knives ship from the factory with the safety engaged?

Last edited:
I'm just trying to imagine what could have done that. Maybe the Axis bar was forced back while the lock was engaged but it would take some force. Like prying the Axis bar back with a screwdriver leveraged against the stop pin kind of force. Wild. But I'm sure Benchmade will fix it right up.

Back