[New and improved] Whats your Favorite Blade Steel (yes Again)

Pick your all time favorite.

• M390

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S35V

• S30V

• CMP-M4

• CMP-3V

• VG-10

• O1

• AUS-8

• INFI

• A2

• SR101

• ATS 34

• CPM-154

• CPM-10V

• YXR7

• Other's

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes i know that there are way more steel then these twenty but thats all i can do. If you have a favorite and its not up here feel free comment what you like. Im doing this out of curiosity ive always wondered what everyone preferred. I know as all around VG-10 has never let me down.

I pick most popular vote on and what you guys commented on in the last one and made a new poll hopeful this well please you.

Aslo new spyderco one
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...derco-Do-to-popular-demand-i-doing-this-again

Thanks for voting i know this is a hard question since every steel has its pro's and con's.

Definitely K390! Closest thing on there is 10V. Other favorites are 3V, s90V, and M390. Not a steel, but Stellite 6K is definitely in the top 3-5.

This almost needs to be run in rounds, with the top finishers in each round competing for the championship.

This almost needs to be run in rounds, with the top finishers in each round competing for the championship.

But what new thing would we know at the end? I'm all for conversation even if it's only tangentially relevant but knowing what 10% of bladeforums.com members favorite steel is seems kinda pointless. I'm going to guess that a vast majority of us buy production knives and I can't just pick the steel of my production knife.

Then again I'm as sharp as a bowling ball so I probably just don't get it

But what new thing would we know at the end?

Oh probably not very much, it's just fun, right? I just mean that there is no way to please everyone, someone will pick out something that isn't on the list and you can't fit every steel on here.

You can't pick the steel on your production knife, but you can pick your production knife for the steel.

Another poll? What's that, 5-6 this month? I hope you are learning a lot.

Once again though, you clearly left some of that will be people's favorite. S110v and D2 are what come to mind. Hopefully what you learn from all these polls is that some things just don't fit the quantitative nature of a poll. Wondering what everyone prefers is sort of meaningless without knowing why.

Listing 440 on the poll is meaningless without an A, B, or C designation.

I can't believe CPM S125V is not on your list?

I hadn't noticed that. He also forgot the n on S35vn. Might be time to slow down on the polls and just discuss steels.

204P, and I also still love BG-42.

The one's I actually carry the most are BG-42, S30V, D2 and S35VN.

I think CPM-S35VN has a great combination of wear resistance, chipping resistance, corrosion resistance, and easy of sharpening. The fact that it's not prohibitively expensive is also a plus.

I'm sure M390 is great, but the enormous pain in the ass it was to have to reprofile a Benchmade Valet (the edge came incredible obtuse) has soured me slightly on the steel.

Did I miss the Sandvik steels, like the 12C27 on my my Mora Clipper? I do like that, and they are quite popular.

Also, seeing Case's TruSharp and CV next to their equivalent would help me choose my favorite.

I cant help but think Craytab is right, and just asking "Whats your favorite steel?" without the poll of might have been more efficient.

I went with "Other's"....I assume that meant "other steel," and not "some other's favorite steel." :)

Back