New Anso Design **Albatross**pics added**

Anyone hear about this one yet?
Hopefully its released soon, as it sounds like a real winner!!

And as usual with Jens, he does things in a big way: The albatross features a massive, 3.6 mm thick titanium plates that form the base for the full locking frame lock. Between the boards, the 5 mm thick blade made ??of VG-10, which provides versatility and excellent cutting performance with its bulbous edge and the hoisted light hollow ground. The convertible clip (Tip-up/Tip-down) is also made of titanium and keeps the albatross safely in the bag. A large carrying strap loop completes the quality equipment

Details:
Overall length: 6.5"
Blade length: 2.5 "
Weight: 5.9oz
Blade thickness: 5.0 mm
Blade Material: VG-10
Handle Material: Titanium

428.jpg

427.jpg

425.jpg

426.jpg

432.jpg

430.jpg

431.jpg

Last edited:
Ohh...been waiting for a smaller Anso collaboration, going to look forward to this one. That looks promising and VG-10 is fine by me. Here's to hoping it will be made in Germany and the ti frame and scale match up- no offset issues. Thank you for the post.

...Just zoomed in on the pic and looks like its going to be a Boker Plus (made in China)...uh man, will have to holster the trigger finger when these first come out. At least until others get it and find out if there are any QC issues- like offset scales.

Last edited:
Yeah its weird that they would move this design to the Plus line after releasing 3 made in Germany Anso's.

Wonder what the reason is...

Clearly, PRC-made means 'more affordable' than Solingen-made. VG-10 is a Japaneese-made steel - actually, quite decent!

Stainz

I wiould love that in a 3.5" to 4.0" blade!:) Just seems too much thickness for a 2.5" blade.

Reminds me of the spyderco techno except with an inferior blade steel

VG-10 is good steel. It's hard to imagine anyone honestly describing it as inferior.

John

VG-10 is good steel. It's hard to imagine anyone honestly describing it as inferior.

John

I agree.I actually prefer it over S30V.

Frankly I'm getting a little bored with the wave of sub three inch bladed Ti framelocks.I think I'll pass on this one.

The Albatross and the Whale both have just come in and are ready to go, along with the new pens and the Sanyougo by Vox.
Terry

Thanks for the heads up, Terry. Sanyougo by Vox, just saw a youtube video of the Vox version. Looks interesting.
If I may ask, how is the fit and finish of that Albatross?

This knife was introduced to the market September 2011 and we sell it for quiet a while, very successfully, at least in Germany. But it will reach the US market soon

I spent some time going over a few of the Albatross and did not find any issues, it is a very well put together piece.
The Sanyougo is great, I have started using it in the kitchen at home, it is very handy.
The Whale is a really nice piece also, a very classy gentleman's liner lock.
Terry

Back