New BAS by Ramkumar: user opinion?

Just got the DD on this one. Welcome your thoughts and feel free to share your experience. Thanks.

A good fan video on YouTube. The reviewer testified to the chopping ability of the BAS. Plenty of live action footage. From his enthusiastic comments he thinks the knife is awesome. Can't wait.

Amko, the BAS is a good middle ground khuk. It can be dressy. It can be an abusable workhorse that won't let you down. They are often found in lighter weights which makes them easier to control. Hopefully your new found friend will feel like an extension of your body and you live happily ever after. Good choice in my book.

Definitely one of my favorites! I use one for all of my “around the house” chores! You will not be disappointed with this one!
Probably why it’s the “second best seller”!

Thanks for chiming in, Bookie although not sure what the "middle ground" constitutes exactly. Is that chopping ability? More than a Kobra, less than an M43 or even a CAK. If yes then I have a fairly good idea, considering I've chopped with both.

Not having a BAS, but being a big fan of khuks in that size and weight, IMHO, they are a much better choice for camp, utilty, general use than the heavy CAK and HI M43. Those models are more camp ax to me, as heavy weight one-handed choppers. I think that's what Bookie meant.

The BAS sized blades are way heavy duty in the chopper world, just not "heavies" in the world of khukuri:D

The BAS sized blades are way heavy duty in the chopper world, just not "heavies" in the world of khukuri
Thanks for sharing, I'll remember that when I have the BAS in hand: it'll probably feel lightweight in comparison to the CAK/M43. In my case 20 oz vs 32 oz.

On camping trips I suppose this should translate into more chops/longer times for typical camping chores? Both CAK and M43 are camp axes from experience. I'll be sure to post chopping test results comparing BAS performance to these.

Last edited:
Back