New Batch ready 4/08/2014

allen456

Thank you to everyone for all of your support. I could not continue to follow my passion of creating these artistic tools without you!

Got a bit of a mixed batch this week with one new model. These are mostly CPM154 but there is an O1 mixed in there but are all made from 1/8” stock.

First “I’ll take it” applies and shipping CONUS and a basic handmade leather sheath is included. Paypal is preferred however I can take credit/debit cards over the phone.

Paypal is allensurls at Comcast dot net

Please excuse the cell phone pics and the various little spots are dust or debris from the backdrop.

First up:

“Bush Adder” out of CPM154 with hammered finish sporting a very nice set of cherry burl scales over neon green and forest green G10 liners. Nice contour on the handle with a great feel. $220

“Muskrat” out of CPM154 with hammered finish and a NICE tapered tang. Wrapped in mango burl wood scales with natural micarta and neon green g10 liners. $240

“Osprey” Very nice example out of CPM154 wearing black micarta scales with figured blue maple bolsters. These are lined with natural micarta and orange g10. $265

“Kodiak” in CPM154 sporting a beautiful set of dyed mango burl wood scales over orange and blue g10 liners. NICE tapered tang. $245

NEW “Wharnbush” (I am open to suggestions for names on this one)
Based on the Bush Adder, this is more of a Wharcliffe style blade.

Made from CPM154 and the first one is sporting yellow mango burl scales and orange g10 liners. This is the base model. $220

Second is very nice, also in CPM154 with gorgeous cherry burl scales over red and blue g10 liners. Very nice tapered tang and file work on the spine. Very nice balance and materials on this one. $260

“Canebrake” in O1 with nice cherry burl scales over neon green and orange g10 liners with neon green g10 bolsters along with micarta pins and thong hole. $220

Nice batch Allen! I was just sitting here fondling the Bush Adder, and looking at the Muskrat. Man I love the look of the contours on that Muskrat, and that tapered tang. We'll need to talk more about that model later :)

allen456,

What are the specs on the "bush adder"? I especially need to know the handle length, girth at the swell, thickness of the shoulder, achieved hardness, and the distance from spine to the plunge? Thanks.

Sweet knife.

allen456,

What are the specs on the "bush adder"? I especially need to know the handle length, girth at the swell, thickness of the shoulder, achieved hardness, and the distance from spine to the plunge? Thanks.

Sweet knife.

Thank you! The OAL is 8 1/8" with a cutting edge of 3 1/2". The distance from the spine to the top of the plunge is 5/16 with total blade with from spine to entry of plunge 1 1/8". The widest part of the girth, in the palm swell is 7/8". The hardness on this particular bush adder measured at 59.5 rockwell. Let me know if you have any further questions or would like to proceed with purchasing it. Thanks!

Thanks for your response. Grind?

Do you have a webpage about this model? I didn't find a website.

Thanks for your response. Grind?

Do you have a webpage about this model? I didn't find a website.

It is a hollow grind, only type I current do. I only have a Facebook page at this time and if you go to the thread of current pricing and models in this forum it will give you a bit more info.

Hey Allen; are the following knives still available?

Cherry wharnbush
Mango muskrat

Thanks,

WT

Hey Allen,
Just checking if you were able to ship the knives? Payment was sent back on the 19th and I haven't heard anything from you.

Thanks

Last edited:
Back