New Benchmade catalog came today!

I rarely post in this forum (though I do lurk every so often), but I had to write to say we got our new benchmade dealer's catalog today and there are some really cool new knives coming out. :D

I know I don't seem to be as into knives as most of you, but I actually love them, and I have a total "thing" for Benchmades. I carry my mini-griptillian every day. I also carry a little blue spiderco ladybug on my keychain. (And I own three benchmade shirts; I get everything half-price since we are a dealer!)

Anyway, just wanted to pass on the good news. Sorry if I'm repeating it if someone already posted it; I didn't get a chance to go through all the recent posts.

~laura

Griptilians are great!!!! I have both a 550SBT and a 551BTGY.

Grrrr, get a Grip!

Needle... I love mine. I can't handle the full-sized (a bit too large for me) but the mini-grip is perfect. I had a black one that I had for about a year... then my dog somehow found it and chewed up the handle. (Thank god it was closed!) My new one has a sort of lavendar colored handle. Girly, perhaps, but I love it! ;) I use it all the time, and it is still sharp. I just can't find any other kind of knife (even a benchmade) that is more perfect for me. (My bali not included! ;))

~ashes

Thanks for the information Ashes.

then my dog somehow found it and chewed up the handle. (Thank god it was closed!)

Well if it was open, at least he would have LEARNED his lesson. ;)

Ashes,

Snap! I bought my wife a purple BM Mini-Griptilian. Purple is her favourite colour.

She has tiny paws & the Mini suits her perfectly.

It sounds like your dog is a knut. Buy her an auto; she obviously has difficulty opening an Axis lock!

maximus otter

SAME HERE...I LOVE BENCHMADES...
I don't know why but there's something about 'em that appeal to me...

By far the mini-grip is my most used knife...it's an easy carry...just a nice size for EDC...

I just got a bali (BM43) posted back to malaysia...got to play with it for 2 weeks...then had to come back to UK(where balis are illegal)...you won't believe how it feels to have to leave a new knife behind...

I can't understand why bali's are illegal ANYwhere. I mean, come on, how many crimes have been committed in which a balisong was the weapon? :rolleyes: I'll need to look up the statistics on that.

~ashes

Breaking back into my own post - sorry!

Has anyone seen the new BM "Skirmish"? Retails at $220.00, but what a cool-looking knife! Gotta talk the boss into letting me get one for the store!

~ashes

Ashes: I suppose bali's are illegal for the same reason that bayonet lugs on rifles are. So many convenience stores and banks were being robbed by bayonet charge. Funny, but the newspapers seemed to have missed all these stories.

I get everything half-price since we are a dealer!
Who is we? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?
Or is that the editorial we, the royal we, or the schizophrenic we?
Inquiring minds want to know!

Originally posted by fudo
Who is we? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?
Or is that the editorial we, the royal we, or the schizophrenic we?
Inquiring minds want to know!

What are you referring to?

~ashes

I also carry a little blue spiderco ladybug on my keychain. (And I own three benchmade shirts; I get everything half-price since we are a dealer!)

That's what we...he...was referring to.

And if you loved the Spiderco Ladybug, you'll love the Spyderco version.

:p

I get everything half-price since we are a dealer
YEP!
Answered in another thread-You work for your dad, who is a dealer.
I couldn't afford to work like that. I would have a nice knife collection, but I would be sleeping under a shelf in the back room.

Originally posted by NeedleRemorse
That's what we...he...was referring to.

:p

Oh. I thought he was referring to my post in W & C (e-repent.) ;)

Is it me, or does this sentence not make sense? :confused:

~ashes

My wife just got her wishbook in the mail last night. I'm havin' a helluva time gettin' her to share it!

My Gawd they got some nice stuff this year! The Skirmish took about two seconds to make it to my "must have" list. The Apparition, and uhmmmm...Resistor as I recall were incredibly sweet too, even though I do have the willpower to turn them down. (barely) I may not be able to turn down that Snody fixed blade though. Looks like an incredibly handy little EDC.

I was doing a great job of curbing off the knife bug 'till I saw that catalog. I'd gone about two or three months without buying anything, and now this!

Interestingly enough, my wife may not be able to live without the Skirmish either, which is a BIG surprise, cuz she usually favors knives with blades more like about three inches, and more slender. (BM 940, Model 31, Spydie Delica, etc.)

Now I may have to save up and get a couple of them! Oh well...my employer is always happy to see me hitting the OT clocks, although they'd be less than thrilled to learn it's so I can buy the knives that I'm forbidden to carry on duty.:D

Originally posted by Runs With Scissors
I may not be able to turn down that Snody fixed blade though. Looks like an incredibly handy little EDC.

Especially since I understand (from the forums at benchmade.com) that while the catalog says D2, it will actually be in S30V. Yum!

Back