New BK76!!!

One of the coolest things about this is how KA-BAR was bold enough to take Ethan’s timeless design and move it to a cutting edge steel. That’s the best of the past and the best of the present. To me that means there’s potential for other modern steel applications. I’m all for more tweeners in magnacut, but I’d be just as excited for a BK1 (bring back the Brute!), BK9, BK4, or BK20 in 3V. A 3V BK6 with a .25 blade thickness would be absolutely incredible!

I hope that’s where KA-BAR’s future lies. They should stop messing around with budget-leaning grivory folders and outsourcing manufacturing to China, and continue to tap into their proven classics made in Olean, New York!
BK8 in Magnacut would sell like hotcakes :)

One of the coolest things about this is how KA-BAR was bold enough to take Ethan’s timeless design and move it to a cutting edge steel.

sometimes i wonder what's going on... i haven't heard a peep from Ethan in years now, and wonder about his design process in general; KaBar has done a few releases that seem like out of the blue tweaks or variants (the bowie comes to mind).

now, if that sells knives, everyone is happy with more money :) the background story would be nifty to know though

Al Welke hopefully gets one. I prefer kydex over leather. I seem to always end up putting a slice in leather sheaths.
Me too. I’ve cut up a few leather sheaths in my lifetime, and some were the really nice custom ones too.

Me too. I’ve cut up a few leather sheaths in my lifetime, and some were the really nice custom ones too.
That’s crappy. Leather is classic and certainly much nicer to look at, while kydex is more functional.

azwelke azwelke did you order one and are you going to be making kydex for these?

Just received my knife :)
Blade length is just a tad longer than the 16. Scales have a good grip too em. I like that the logos are at a minimum, although they did laser etched STATE&Union just below the jimping on the spine. Unfortunately I’m unable to share any pics :(

Last edited:
Hopefully this forum resolves the pic problem soon :rolleyes:
Just imagine your BK16 with a stonewashed finish and a thin sharp edge also micarta scales made with blue jeans.
Oh yea, 0 grind lines :thumbsup::thumbsup: 😁

Last edited:
Is it the exact same size as the BK16?
Just received my knife
Blade length is just a tad longer than the 16. Scales have a good grip too em. I like that the logos are at a minimum, although they did laser etched STATE&Union just below the jimping on the spine. Unfortunately I’m unable to share any pics

Back