new Boker pen knife

I was inspired by all the peanut talk, about how most of us carry more knife than we need, so I set out to get something like a peanut, butterbean, tiny toothpick, or the like. There's a local smoke shop that carries Boker slippies in addition to misc. cheap junk. So I asked to see this little pen knife (8288). Delrin, I think, reddish-brown, kind of a pebble texture. Not sure if it's carbon or stainless (stainless, I suspect). Strong springs, crisp half stops. Good fit and finish. Under $30 out the door. I can't promise this will be the only knife I'll carry for the next year but I am going to try to use it before I reach for my Vic Camper. I have a feeling it will serve me well. I wonder if my trapper will be jealous.

Frank

I've known a couple people over the years that carried a Boker like that. I was always surprised at how well they got by with it. I had one friend in the army that always had his in his right hand fatigue shirt pocket, and he used that pen knife for everything.

I think most of what we really need to cut takes less blade than we think. Opening a UPS box, mail, cutting a piece of twine or rope, or whittling a toothpick after a good meal.

I bought a little rough rider pen knife while I am waiting for my peanut and have been carrying it for a few days. I really like having it with me, I don't feel that I am ill equipped when that is all I have. It carries well, cuts well, it is good to look at, I can use it in public places without people calling the police on me, and it still does what I need a knife to do. I can't wait for my peanut to arrive after hearing so much about them. BTW, the pen knife is actually well made and finished nicely, I feel that I could use it the rest of my life with no problems......if I didn't have so many other knives to buy:)

Just cut up a Golden Delicious and she's no longer mirrored silver. Might have to go cut up another. I'm reminded of the thread about how traditionals are healthy for you.

Isn't Boker's C75 equal to 1075?

Frank

Back