new book

Just got an early birthday present. It is Ed Fowlers book Knife Talk The Science of Knifemaking. Awesome. I really like his practical approach to knives which is no nonsense hard working and different from so many others opinions and best of all his opinions seem to match the way I have always felt about knives. They are made to work except for the few that hang on walls. I guess that is why I never collected knives. If I couldn't use it regularly I never wanted it. I just felt like it was useless if I did not put it to use so therfore I never bought anything I would be afraid to scratch. I guess that's the same way I feel about my pickup trucks and guns. Take care! Cory

------------------
"I am a shootist."
Clay Allison
"Does this mean we are bladists?"
McAlpin Blades
http://www.geocities.com/mcalpinblades

Ed Fowler's book is what got me into knifemaking. I saw it at displayed at the library, took it home, and was hooked.
Fowler's complete enthusiasm for knifemaking really comes through in the book, and I figured that if he loved it so much there must be something to it.
I met him at the last Blade show (luckily I just happened to be in Atlanta for my job), and bought my own copy from him which he signed with some nice words of encouragement.
Bob

Bob That's cool. I would like to meet him too. What fascinates me about him is his knifemaking ability plus my uncanny love for country and Wyoming. I would love to live where he does and ranch. You combine these 2 qualities and he sounds like an awesome person. Cory

------------------
"I am a shootist."
Clay Allison
"Does this mean we are bladists?"
McAlpin Blades
http://www.geocities.com/mcalpinblades

You guys may not know this but Ed and Angie Fowler read these forums sometimes. If you keep this up, he's gonna have to get the doorways enlarged so his head can fit through
biggrin.gif

Just kidding, I agree 100% with you. He is a fine man, a great knifemaker, and one of the world's best storytellers.

Dave

Back