New Buck Knives videos at 2024 SHOT Show

Thanks for posting. Interesting video.

The Alpha series in 420HC sounds like a winner. And the Legacy Akonua might be a must have. Yikes.

Prices on the MagnaCut Alphas are what one would expect. We were given a sneak peak about a month ago, I think the msrps were north of two hundred.

Last edited:
Prices on the MagnaCut Alphas are what one would expect. We were given a sneak peak about a month ago, I think the msrps were north of two hundred.
I checked the web site of the company that shot the video and while none are in stock, the 663 Alpha Guide Elite is listed at $249.99. The new 663 Alpha Guide Select in 420HC is listed at $69.60. I realize the benefits of the Magnacut, but when I can buy three very capable knives for less than one, I am going to say no to the Magnacut.

I checked the web site of the company that shot the video and while none are in stock, the 663 Alpha Guide Elite is listed at $249.99. The new 663 Alpha Guide Select in 420HC is listed at $69.60. I realize the benefits of the Magnacut, but when I can buy three very capable knives for less than one, I am going to say no to the Magnacut.

Amen to that. As we all know, 420HC offers tremendous value. I would like to see the Walnut Dymalux handles offered on the 420HC model. Although.......... having custom scales put on 420HC blades sounds like a really good idea. 🤔

Yeah, I know that a lot of us love the newest/best thing out there, but the 420HC version will make an excellent hunting knife. Most of us are out there a handful of times a year at best, or maybe only just for deer season. I get that if you are actually a pro guide or professional hunter of some sort, you might appreciate the Magnacut a little more, but 420HC is going to be great for 95% of us.

iu

the Buck trace imports seems odd to me. on the large..if i can call it that at a 3.23 " blade...not really large, but that aside....only with partial serrations. no plain edge version. mini only plain edge. course blade is so small no room for partial serrations. would have to be plain edge or full serrations. I guess it's for box stores and states with shorter blade rules. I can see average box store shoppers liking the partial serrations.

thing I like best is the guides in magnacut and 420hc. also the kydex sheath option. akonua and titanium 112 and 500...... looks great too, but very pricey.......

the new Buckmaster 2.0 kinda neat but way too pricey for me or anyone in special forces on their pay........ but cool piece for a collection. like it better without the serrations, and anchor piece I'd never need or use.......

I'm sure that Buck is doing market research, but I just don't get the idea of doing the Trace and Sovereign in 7cr. Are there really a lot of people out there who would pay $35 for a button lock in 7cr that wouldn't pay like $50-$60 for a CJRB/Civivi or some thing similar in a better steel?

And the Trace is listed at $49... I guess... There just are so many good "budget" knives being made today around that price point.

Maybe I'm wrong and the big box/walmart sales are strong enough to support this market, but even then, those knife display cases at least around me seem to be getting smaller and smaller these days.

I'm sure that Buck is doing market research, but I just don't get the idea of doing the Trace and Sovereign in 7cr. Are there really a lot of people out there who would pay $35 for a button lock in 7cr that wouldn't pay like $50-$60 for a CJRB/Civivi or some thing similar in a better steel?

And the Trace is listed at $49... I guess... There just are so many good "budget" knives being made today around that price point.

Maybe I'm wrong and the big box/walmart sales are strong enough to support this market, but even then, those knife display cases at least around me seem to be getting smaller and smaller these days.
I imagine they'll end up in big box stores where people will see the Buck brand and not think twice about buying them. You might be right about the cases getting smaller and smaller but a lot of the knives I do see are buck knives

As usual there's nothing for me, but I'm glad they're staying successful/ relevant and making things a lot of people will buy.

Back