New California Undetectable Legislation

CJ Buck

Here is an email I received from Chris Michele, our California lobbyist.

It has come to my attention that, on January 7, 2002, Assemblyman George Runner (R-Lancaster) will make amendments to his AB 352. AB 352 proposes to amend California Penal Code Section 12001.1, relating to undetectable knives. You may be aware that PC Section 12001.1 bans the manufacture, import, or sale of an "undetectable knife." This is defined as a knife or other instrument that is capable of ready use as a stabbing weapon that is not detectable by a metal detector set at standard calibration. It also requires that, effective January 1, 2000, all knives that are commercially manufactured in California must include materials that will ensure they are detectable by a metal detector. AB 352 would add that knives must be detectable also by a "magnetometer, either handheld or other, that is set at standard calibration."

Anyone have any feedback to give on what difference there is between a magnetometer at standard calibration and a metal detector and how it would impact additional knives being illegal?

thanks for any feedback

Anyone have any feedback to give on what difference there is between a magnetometer at standard calibration and a metal detector and how it would impact additional knives being illegal?

I don't know anything about that. But I will say, I wish California would get rid of all there crazy knife and gun laws. I live in Utah but visit California every year or so and hate having to worry about if my knife is illegal or not.

Heber.

I didn't know that the kami's were making titanium khuks!

Hank:cool:

Back