#New CIVIVI Qubit Aluminum Handle,with bottle opener

#New CIVIVI Qubit is a cool button lock knife with a unique and intended bottle opener feature.
Have you got one of them?
yuxvBAn.jpg

zgmYytQ.jpg

9FQxPuz.jpg

t5VO29p.jpg

qIAKn3G.jpg

nqwcvnZ.jpg

N3tsTOv.jpg

X8m1g4a.jpg

xEfy6kf.jpg

Very tempting.

The other day, I spent several minutes looking for a bottle opener before scrounging up a $9 Mossy Oak. Clearly, I need to improve on that. I have a SAK, but I find it very hard to open.

14C28N is one of my two favorite steels--Magnacut being the other. I like button locks. I like colors other than black.

The handle looks too smooth and non-tactical for farm chores. But that blue Qubit might make a good desk knife, or an occasional out and about knife.

OK, you persuaded me. I ordered a blue Qubit from Blade HQ, along with a blue Kizer Zipslip. :)

I ordered the green Qubit with Damascus on Wednesday, when I decided to donate my Damascus Praxis to a charity giveaway. I'm looking forward to a new toy to play with.

Part of me just wants another boittle opener. Tempting indeed. How's the button-action on your green one DocJekl DocJekl ?

Part of me just wants another boittle opener. Tempting indeed. How's the button-action on your green one DocJekl DocJekl ?

Very good, very smooth. It's easy to hold the button in to flick the blade out or back in. And thumb flick and reverse flick work well too. There is a very small amount of button stick when pressing the button with an open blade, but none when it's already closed. So, if you blindfolded me and I press the button in, I can tell the difference between when the blade is closed and when the blade is open. But to be honest my Protech Malibus were the same new, and I have not broken them in yet.

The detent holds the blade closed a bit more tightly than something like my Benchmade Axis Lock knives, but it's not so tight that I can't easily do a reverse flick, unlike all but 2 of my Hinderer XM-18s that wont open with the blade stops/thumb studs via thumb or reverse flick.

I can have the knife too low or too high in my hand, and the thumb flick will still open it, because it lets you build up that pressure before it releases; but with a too loose grip it's possible to just make the whole knife move up in the hand when you push on the thumb studs. You do need to have your fingers wrapped around the pocket clip to use a loose grip when you open it.

The aluminum handle is not as chalky and grippy as a Malibu, but the shape and jumping locks you in when it's deployed and ready to use. The finger choil could stand to be a little bigger, but it's definitely useable with my large hands due to the lack of a flipper (e.g. Elementum button lock).

The blade is very sharp, perfectly centered, and it's a true spearpoint with the tip in line with the pivot axis. I like that the Damascus steel is not shiny and slippery like the polished Dmascus on my Praxis Flipper. It feels more textured like the Damascus on my CRK or Spartan.

The pocket clip is the most plain part about the knife, but it works well and the black hardware matches the clip. \\

I'd say this is one of my favorite Civivi knives. My Badlands vagabond in Damascus and carbon fiber is pretty cool, and at some point I'll have to dig it out to compare the two. The Praxis is being donated to a YouTube doing a charitable giveaway, so that why I pulled it out to compare to this now. The Praxis is much bigger while this falls exactly in between the slightly smaller Benchmade Mini Griptilian and the slightly larger Buck Sprint Pro 841 flipper. EDIT - I would like to see this knife with a 3.47" blade like the Elementum button lock has as well.

IMG_6166.JPG
IMG_6167.JPG
IMG_6168.JPG

Last edited:
I like the idea here. While a standalone bottle opener has been part of my EDC since sometime in the last century, pairing openers with folders goes back a long way. As others said, the SAK bottle opener is classic but kind of a pain to open and not the best bottle opener anyway. I'd love to see this on a multi-function knife, and definitely more knives with tweezers like the Relic.

My only real complaint here is the aluminum scales. I actually hate aluminum as a scale material. It feels cold and tends to wear poorly. If I'm going to have metal scales, I want them to be titanium. Otherwise, I'm much happier with warmer materials like wood or Micarta.

I like the idea here. While a standalone bottle opener has been part of my EDC since sometime in the last century, pairing openers with folders goes back a long way. As others said, the SAK bottle opener is classic but kind of a pain to open and not the best bottle opener anyway. I'd love to see this on a multi-function knife, and definitely more knives with tweezers like the Relic.

My only real complaint here is the aluminum scales. I actually hate aluminum as a scale material. It feels cold and tends to wear poorly. If I'm going to have metal scales, I want them to be titanium. Otherwise, I'm much happier with warmer materials like wood or Micarta.

Yeah, micarta scales would have been fine, or a micarta inlay on both sides, in AL or Ti.

Back