New CLB designs at boker.de

Yes, and they look like this:p:

CLBRNR.jpg

CLBKerambit.jpg

That R(ock)NR(oll) looks interesting...
Kerambits somehow don't do it for me.

:thumbup:

Nice.
So when will those be available in the US ? I don't have a karambit yet, but that may change :)

Interested in the K-bit, I would've preferred a bit more of an angle, but darn that looks nice! Anyone know the stats?

Been looking at the little FB subcoms lately and all the variations on the folder. So here is an interesting new FB variant.
Now, how about more - in particular, how about a wharncliffe subcom FB ?
Lots of possibilities, and I'm sure Mr. Daywalker's creativity is not tapped out :)

Been looking at the little FB subcoms lately and all the variations on the folder. So here is an interesting new FB variant.
Now, how about more - in particular, how about a wharncliffe subcom FB ?
Lots of possibilities, and I'm sure Mr. Daywalker's creativity is not tapped out :)

Yes a wharncliffe FB or MPT would be very nice . I'm likey the wharcom and this bladeshape is one of my favourites . Nice acute tip and so easy sharpening. They work great for edc.

I like the RNR but i think i would have some trouble sharpening this fellah. .due to its strong curved edge;) Maybe a CE edge would solve this for me . That is serrations on the belly.

Last edited:
Specs translated from boker.de:

RNR (fixed blade):

weight 71 gram
blade thickness 3 mm
bladelength 6,5 cm
overall length 15,3 cm
440C bladesteel

An interesting mix of modern & classic produces CLB's newest fixed blade. Chad combines the classic straight diagonal edge of a japanese kiridashi with a curved/bellied edge end and so hightens its utility purpose.
Let's RockNRoll! Shipped with kydexsheath and break-ball chain. Tek-lok compatable.

Kerambit;

141 grams
overall length 19,6 cm (opened)
bladelength 7,4 cm
framelock
g10 scale
440C bladesteel
Titanium coated blade and steelscale/lockside on handle
spring tensioned karabiner on ring (butt)

The framelock front g10 scale offers a remarkable handfeel. The blade with its combined Tanto recurve shape offers excellent cutting ability.

Bokers MRSP in euro's (probably less with dealers and in US);

RNR 59.95 euro
Kerambit 39.95 euro

;)

I wonder if the RNR will be titanium coated?
There also was not mentioned on boker.de if the kerambit will have duel thumbstuds.(ambidextrous)?

So Tobias/Terry/ Chad could you fill in the gaps? lol
;)

Last edited:
I'd like to, but I just found out about this 2 days agao, and am still
working out all the new product.
Either Tobias will answer, or I will find out soon.
Thanks, Terry

Some cool stuff though!:cool:

Terry or Tobias ;

I'm sorry if i posted to early as i know these knives will come of factory as latest ones this year.
:eek:

People the specs may change as they are still in progress.
;)

No problem Maarten,
They are in the German catalog for next year, and on the website.
I'm pretty sure the specs will stay the same, but, I have not gotten all the information yet.
I can say that there are some good things coming, and I can't wait for the k'bit(sorry, silat junkie that I am), and the new Jim Wagner Urban Survival.
I will post as I find out, but the new stuff probably won't be here til at least the beginning of the new year.
Terry

Oh , this two are NICE! I especially like k'bit. Judging from Direkt and now seeing this, it seems the best from CLB designs is yet to come. Keep em comin, Chad!

The RNR is not my cup of tea, in the other hand, I might give the K-bit a chance. Nonetheless, I find the recurve starts too far behind at the blade. Besides that, as far as I can see on this pic, the part behind the edge on the blade (hopefully you know what I mean), has no jimping on it, and it could definitely use some because the shallow curve alone is not sufficient to prevent a fatal slip. Just my 2c... can I have my change back?

Last edited:
Not Chad aholic MOI

You better give this man some respect or he'll take you out within 4 sec...:grumpy:

Kaligman is one of the most knowledged people on silat technique on Earth..

The last time the new ones came out, I was one of the few drooling over the Edit while the Direkt can't be carried in Illinois. This time around, even with much-wanted Kydex, the RNR is just too rock and roll for me. A wild design, the handles add to the flair of the blade for a custom look, but my Edit blends in better for concealed carry. If I was in a nonexistent knife-loving environment and didn't have a dress code to follow, I'd be necking a RNR for all to see.

All these years, I've never gotten Karambits. Ever. Never saw a thing in them design wise or blade wise, just seemed to be an over-exotic balisong-esque gimmick. I don't even like Hawkbills, preferring Wharncliffe with rare exceptions. No utility, quality comes at to high a price, and the design in general just seems flea market.
...So...eh...When does it ship? It's for my girlfriend. She...eh...likes the combo-blade, the handle, the more compact low-frills design, the carabiner loop, and the ti-coating like on the edit. Actually she LOVES the blade shape, so...yeah. We share a debit card despite her making twice my income, and my name's on it for legal reasons, if that raises any questions. And if it comes in gray, she wants one in each shade. Did I mention she loves the Wharnie tip on it?

...Stop showcasing how bad a liar I am, take the money, and leave the thing in a plain paper bag.

Not Chad aholic MOI

You better give this man some respect or he'll take you out within 4 sec...:grumpy:

Kaligman is one of the most knowledged people on silat technique on Earth..

Not single reasonable man will take an idiot like me seriously. Besides that, I only need 1 sec before he could take me out... to drop on the floor and play dead:jerkit:

The last time the new ones came out, I was one of the few drooling over the Edit while the Direkt can't be carried in Illinois. This time around, even with much-wanted Kydex, the RNR is just too rock and roll for me. A wild design, the handles add to the flair of the blade for a custom look, but my Edit blends in better for concealed carry. If I was in a nonexistent knife-loving environment and didn't have a dress code to follow, I'd be necking a RNR for all to see.

All these years, I've never gotten Karambits. Ever. Never saw a thing in them design wise or blade wise, just seemed to be an over-exotic balisong-esque gimmick. I don't even like Hawkbills, preferring Wharncliffe with rare exceptions. No utility, quality comes at to high a price, and the design in general just seems flea market.
...So...eh...When does it ship? It's for my girlfriend. She...eh...likes the combo-blade, the handle, the more compact low-frills design, the carabiner loop, and the ti-coating like on the edit. Actually she LOVES the blade shape, so...yeah. We share a debit card despite her making twice my income, and my name's on it for legal reasons, if that raises any questions. And if it comes in gray, she wants one in each shade. Did I mention she loves the Wharnie tip on it?

...Stop showcasing how bad a liar I am, take the money, and leave the thing in a plain paper bag.

Wat's your point Alex??
This is a bladeforum and not a forum to rant about your bad relationship....
I can give you one advice. Retract your sign on the creditcard and GTFOUT....
(She's bad news..)
I however feel the same on some parts in this post..
:cool:

Back