New Cold Steel Products For 2016.

New Cold Steel Products for 2016.

Knife Center has a section with some of these new products—stay tuned—they will be updating it with more new stuff over the next few weeks: http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/s...&c=&locktype=&style=&min_blade=0&max_blade=50

This information was taken from wholesale distributor Moteng's website listing, (which wasn't the most organized).

This is just the basic product listing so far. There weren't many specifications regarding most blade lengths or any pictures of them shown yet.

This will be posted on both forums. More detailed information will be released over the next few months, along with the 2016 catalog.

Please remember that Cold Steel doesn't attend the SHOT Show anymore as an exhibitor (no booth) because of the ban on swords they imposed a few years ago.

They attend the IWA Show instead and have a booth there.

(I don't keep track of swords and spears. I did go back and check the 2015 catalog, but there is a lot of stuff here, so I may have missed some of those.)

*Thread will be updated as new information is released over the next few weeks, along with links and pictures too. They usually post the pictures on their Facebook page.*

Well over 60 new products for 2016, fixed blades, swords & trainers make up the most of all, from my count:

Frenzy I, OD green & black. Fixed blade. MSRP of $249.99 for each.

Frenzy II, blue & black.

Frenzy III, gray & black.

SRK 3V. *CPM-3V blade with DLC-coating like the AK-47 Field Knife and Warcraft Tanto line.* MSRP of $254.99.

MAA Messer. MSRP of $319.99.

Colossus I. MSRP of $269.99.

The Colossus I is sort of a hybrid between the 4-MAX and an upgraded Spartan with a 6-inch green & black G10 handle and a 4-inch CTS-XHP blade. The blade is a wide oval-shaped, Spear-Point, with the thumb-plate opener. (If you have seen the Spyderco Bob Lum Chinese folders, it is very close to those.)

The Colossus II is the same as above with black DLC-coated blade and (probably, black teflon-coated) hardware.

Here are some links to pictures of them:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA0wJazQgym/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA0wHd_Qgyj/

Colossus II. MSRP of $299.99.

Mizutori WakazashIi. *These next five are probably swords.* MSRP of $639.99.

Untitled Wakishashi Lion Dog Motif. MSRP of $682.99.

Mizutori. MSRP of $769.99.

Cavalier Rapier. MSRP of $799.99.

Untitled Katana Lion Dog Motif. MSRP of $899.99.

Cinquedea. Fixed blade. MSRP of $249.99.

Immortal coyote tan. Fixed blade. MSRP of $224.99 for each.

Immortal OD green. Fixed Blade.

MAA Arming Dagger. Fixed blade. MSRP of $199.99.

Rondel. Fixed blade. MSRP of $199.99.

Tactical Rondel. Fixed blade. MSRP of $184.99.

MAA Flanged Mace. MSRP of $179.99.

MAA Arming Dagger. Fixed blade. MSRP of $

Golden Eye Spear. Fixed blade. MSRP of $174.99 for each.

Golden Eye Tanto.

Broken Skull I Orange. MSRP of $139. This is a new version of the previous Lone Star Hunter with G10 handle, 4-inch black DLC-coated blade of CTS-XHP, with jimping on thumb ramp. Six color choices and none of them are typical "tactical" black!

Broken Skull II Coyote.

Broken Skull III OD Green.

Broken Skull IV Blue.

Broken Skull V Light Gray.

Broken Skull VI Pink.

MAA Polish Mace. MSRP of $134.99.

Liverpool Assassin. MSRP of $51.99. Unbreakable 34-inch Cricket bat.

Finn Hawk. MSRP of $37.99. The Finn Hawk is a fixed blade version of the Finn Wolf folder:

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/CS...inless-blade-griv-ex-handles-secure-ex-sheath

Templar. MSRP of $29.99. Throwing knife.

Recon Tanto 3V. *CPM-3V blade with DLC-coating like the AK-47 Field Knife and Warcraft Tanto line.* MSRP of $264.99.

Camp Boss I Black. MSRP of $79.99. These are axes.

Camp Boss II Orange.

Recon Hawk I Black. MSRP of $59.99. These are tomahawks.

Recon Hawk II OD Green.

Tanto Machete, with sheath. MSRP of $31.99.

Slant Tip Machete, with sheath. *Going by the SKU#, this one may have a 21-inch blade.* MSRP of $28.99. These are smaller versions of the massive All Terrain Chopper.

Slant Tip 18-inch Machete. *Only one with a blade length in the name so far.* MSRP of $25.99.

Police Baton.

Walkabout Stick. (Was an "early release" in limited quantities in mid-to-late 2015. The original was from at least 20+ years ago and was made of wood. The MSRP on this was $45.)

Axe Head Cane.

Big Boat Bat. These are part of their Athletics line and are in orange and blue.

Big Tire Boss.

Boat Bat.

Tire Boss.

Brooklyn Basher.

English Police Truncheon. MSRP of $29.99.

Quick Draw Sword Cane.

New designs for shirts and hats. (There were several listed as having a cursive logo.)

Segal Signature Katana. MSRP of $1099.99.

Segal Signature Wakazashi. MSRP of $749.99.

MAA La Fontaine Sword of War. MSRP of $549.99.

Polish Saber. MSRP of $439.99.

Scimitar. Sword, (not the folder from before.) MSRP of $399.99.

English Back Sword. MSRP of $399.99.

MAA Arming Sword. MSRP of $369.99.

Blackthorn Staff. MSRP of $79.99.

Jack Dagger Thrower. *These next three are throwing knives.* MSRP of $25.99.

La Fontaine Thrower. MSRP of $25.99.

Mini Flight Sport.

Two new sets of Battle Shades.

Heavy Sure Strike & Medium Sure Strike throwing stars.

Several new training swords & some training pistols. (Too many for me to sort through, because they were mixed in with the current trainers!)

Chaos Stilletto (I missed this the first time around and got it mixed-up with the previous Chaos Double-Edge version.) MSRP of $99.

Another traditional-style folder, the Lucky One. MSRP of $104.99. This has a single blade of CPM-S35VN.

New versions of Pro Lite folder in Tanto- & Clip-Points. Ambidextrous pocket clip, lanyard hole, fiberglass handle, Tri-Ad Lock and 3.5-inch blade of German 4116 stainless steel. MSRP of $49.99. (The original Pro-Lite was first listed in the 2002 catalog, and was a liner-lock in 440A blade steel, in Dropped- & Clipped-Points.)

German Long Sword. MSRP of $729.99.

Last edited:
I hope the Recon Hawk I and Recon Hawk II are some cheaper version of the Black Talon/Tiger Claw. I want a CS Hwakbill so hard but can't spend $100 at the moment on one of them!
Colossus, Immortal and Templar sound great too, imagine what a beast must the former be if its made by CS and has that name...
Finn hawk sounds like a hakwbill too, so excited to see this one

Please CS make this happen!

Updated to add:

Here are the confirmed upcoming 2016 folders so far (there might be more, have to wait-and-see for sure):

Broken Skull, with six different color choices.

Colossus, in two versions, satin or DLC-coated blade.

Lucky One, with a single blade.

Pro-Lite, a new version of a previous model from over a decade ago.

Last edited:
Finn hawk sounds like a hakwbill too, so excited to see this one

I wouldn't get my hopes up on that one. Let's look at some other CS products:Rifleman's Hawk, Spike Hawk, Norse Hawk...what do they all have in common? The "something Hawk" name, and the fact that they're all tomahawks.

GCG199, I presume the blade shape on the Broken Skull line of folders is the clip point, since it's probably that line of upcoming folders you can see in some pictures on their Facebook page being held by Stone Cold Steve Austin(who has his own "Broken Skull" line of beer). Those were clip points with various colored handles(as the Broken Skull knife line has).

Updated to add:

It is now confirmed that the Finn Hawk is a fixed blade version of the Finn Wolf folder.

The information on the Moteng website listing was wrong about the Broken Skull line.

It is a folder line, the pictures on Knife Center's website listing (above in the first post of this thread). It has Steve Austin's name on it too.

Last edited:
DShiflet, I agree with you on the Finn Hawk being another Tomahawk. Your reasoning makes sense going by the previous hawk naming pattern.

On the Broken Skull line:

I don't follow Steve Austin, but I did see the pictures on Facebook from that brewery gathering they held a while ago.

If what you say turns out to be true, it will be very cool that Cold Steel came out with a line of folders and none of them have a black handle!

The Moteng pages for them state that they are fixed blades; this could be a mistake though. It looks like this information was thrown up on their website in a hurry.

I am all for another new folder line though. As I tend to carry them over fixed blades these days.

Lol, Steve Austin, I listened to his podcast with Lynn and I predicted early in the cast that he would bring up the Lone Star Hunter and he did lol.

I want to see this Broken Skull line. Probably have the insignia printed on the blade, if its a Steve Austin thing.

GCG199, thank you for posting this information! Can't wait to see what the products are behind some of those intriguing names!

-Steve

Well, the name of the Broken Skull line is...yeah, okay, but the different handle colors interest me.

SRK 3V. *CPM-3V blade with DLC-coating like the AK-47 Field Knife and Warcraft Tanto line.*

:)

Lotta FBs. I keep looking at the word "Cinquedea"

Thats this thing:
2009CC5595_jpg_ds.jpg

CS is gonna make this... Aha! Aha-ha!

Looks like the Lone Star Hunter with DLC, and G10 handles. That would be cool, as it would bring another FFG folder to Cold Steel's line to keep the Talwar company.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd love to see the Lone Star and Mackinac get the XHP treatment and some upgraded covers. The faux stag doesn't do them much justice, but I love the aesthetics of the old folding hunter patterns and with something like dymondwood or even polished G10 between the bolsters I think they would be a gorgeous mix of modern and traditional.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'd love to see the Lone Star and Mackinac get the XHP treatment and some upgraded covers. The faux stag doesn't do them much justice, but I love the aesthetics of the old folding hunter patterns and with something like dymondwood or even polished G10 between the bolsters I think they would be a gorgeous mix of modern and traditional.
I agree. I had Sketchen do me up some black polished G10 scales for my Mackinac Hunter. IMHO, it is the most underrated Triad of the line. The F&F, blade centering when closed, and lockup, are phenomenal. Infact, I have not touched a folding knife-save an AD-10 I got to molest for a few minutes a while back, that even was in the same zip code of the lock up my MH has. That thing-you would snap the blade clean off, before you even felt a modicum of blade play in any direction.

Back