new configuration Swisstool

Anybody seen a new from the factory Swisstool? Saw one yesterday and the needle nose design looks stronger/thicker and opens easy with a few detents along the way. The other tools look the same.

Anyway, did I miss something and has this been discussed before?

I bought a Swisstool 2 weeks a go to put on my Jeep, and it looks exactly the same like the other ones that I own. I don't see any difference at all.
Pictures will be great!

Swisstool Spirit?

victorinox_swisstool_spirit.jpg

:thumbup:

I have heard that Victorinox is using the Spirit plier head in the SwissTool line. Don't know for sure, but that seems logical.

Joe

The plier head is the same as the spirit but bigger , i started a thread about it here http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319492 . Since then i have two swisstools ( one is a X ) and a spirit .The standard swisstool has the old style pliers , the easiest way to tell is the new ones are hinged the other way round .
swisstoolpliers.jpg

The new style X is on the left , original standard in the middle and Spirit on the right .Hope this helps

Duncan

dunc5 said:
The plier head is the same as the spirit but bigger , i started a thread about it here http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319492 . Since then i have two swisstools ( one is a X ) and a spirit .The standard swisstool has the old style pliers , the easiest way to tell is the new ones are hinged the other way round .
swisstoolpliers.jpg

The new style X is on the left , original standard in the middle and Spirit on the right .Hope this helps

Duncan

Yes I remember the thread. I did not understand at that time just how different the tool was.

Anyway, what do you like better new config or old?

mrblond said:
Yes I remember the thread. I did not understand at that time just how different the tool was.

Anyway, what do you like better new config or old?

The wire cutters on the new one are bigger and imo are better , when the pliers are out the handles on the old ones are slightly closer together and they also open wider , because of this the older ones are slightly easier on the hands when gripping thin things .Having said that i like the new ones and they have less play than the old ones .Everything else on the tool remains the same.

Dunc

Thanks buddy, I bought 2 Swisstool X's about a year ago but they are more like the original config. They have the new longer L shaped hole in the plyer spring for the cork screw but are not config'ed with the detent opening needle nose.

Back