new crkt models seen at pat crawford's home/shop

i had the experience of a lifetime by spending about an hour at pat crawford's home and shop today....while i was there picking up a mini wortac that he had re-worked and updated for free and drooling over dozens of custom folders and fixed blades i saw a new item he has given the crkt people to produce....the falcon model which can be seen on pat's web site www.crawfordknives.com is the knife the new crkt will be patterned after....there will be a large and a small model with a blade shape very similar to the one pat custom makes complete with serrated thumb ramp....handle material is made of zytel that has holes/bars milled similar to the custom model but it also has a G-10 type texture to it...until pat told me it was zytel i thought it was G-10!!!!....it also has a lawks system incorporated into the design.....i was able to handle three or four pre-production samples that were sent to pat from crkt for approval...all i can say is that crkt certainly has a winner here....although it doesnt have the exact feel and balance and heft as a crawford made falcon it certainly comes close....you guys who like crkt products will really like it if you liked the crawford/kasper folder crkt produced

just remember you heard it here first :)....lol

i will let you guys in on other goodies i saw and handled at pat's shop another time

feverdoc

That is music to my ears!!:D When I saw the article in Tactical Knives about Pat Crawford's Falcon, I turned to my wife and said, "Boy, it sure would be great if CRKT made a version of these!" I can't wait!! Any word on when these will be out?

Flinx

That's great news. Too cool for school. I saw the same article and Tactical Knives and was really impressed.

Feverdoc, do you know if they're going to do the fixed blade as well?

Zero

i didnt ask him about the sparow hawk or the perrigren being done by crkt....i did however handle both of these fixed blades and can tell you that the perrigrin is awesome....the sparrow hawk didnt fit my hand well but the perrigrin was like a natural extension of my hand

i did however buy the raptor thrust that was featured in the tactical knives article:):):):)

feverdoc

Nobody wants to make things easy for me. I am a new knife knut and currently only own a Benchmade 910 in M2. I (had) decided that I was going to get a small M18 for utility. Now I see this. Good god, with this coming out I just don't know. There are so many knives that I want. Its just to hard falcon, M18, afck axis, mini commander? What should I do!!!???

Awesome! I had a feeling that the Crawford Falcon was destined to be a custom collaboration sooner or later.

Back