New DLC coating...

This new DLC coating is some tough stuff! If been using one of the new Medium Espada's with the DLC coated CTS XHP blade for over a month now for work. I've used it to cut cardboard, twine, branches, and tree roots. The tree roots in particular usually scratch the hell out of a blade, as they are coming out of containers going straight into dirt/gravel. I usually clean my work knives each evening after use and the DLC blade on the Espada still looks new after being washed down!

I agree! I've beat the snot out of a few with DLC coated blades and it's by far the smoothest and toughest coating available.

+1 im a geek for durable coating and this one is definitely hands down my favorite coating. Now, time for them to apply the same(or similar thin, durable coating line TiCN) for the lockbar and clip.

I think it would be a lot more common. But the guy building my custom says the equipment is crazy expensive, and nobody does it in low volumes. It's a vapor deposited ion bond process so you can imagine it's not like you can just paint it on.

Ya it's good stuff. I gave up stripping knives long ago. Why make more maintenance for yourself. And I'm kind of lazy in that regard unless coming in from seriously cold weather.

Back