New EDC Recommendation

Hello,

I just got news that i did not get into the school of my choice and have to wait another year to go to school, and i have money saved that i was planning on using in the fall. So i figured what better way to drown my sorrows of not getting in than with the purchas of a new knife :D.
I cant decide on what i want but i was thinking over some brands in my mind(Benchmade Griptillian, Spyderco Rock Lodster, Chris Reeve Sebenza or maybe a buck 110 from the custom shop ect.)
and seeming i could not decide for myself i though i would ask the oppinion of you fine people here on BF. I am open to any and all suggestions. Thanks

Nathan.

Well to some degree, it will depend on what and where your EDC cutting chores are.

Of the ones you mention, I only have experience with Griptilians and 110's, but both will get most jobs done.

dont spend your college money on a knife.

save it and have some extra money when you go to school next year, youre going to need it for books and food.

I dont want to offend you but I feel it warrants sounding like an ass to warn you about the dangers of being short sighted like this. School has unexpected expenses and you may regret it later and that regret will be way bigger than not having a knife.

If you find that you have extra money after your first year, then buy one.

I agree that you should save it for next year. But, it is your money, and you do what you feel YOU want to do with it.

Out of those knives, I would get the Sebenza.

If you are working buy the knife. I would get a nice stag 110. My thing about college. (Lecture starts here) I went to jr. college for 5 yrs, part time and then another 3 to finish my bachellor's degree. I told myself, I will get it done, and I did not set a goal date of when I would finish. However, I knew it would be dangerous if I did not attend a semester/quarter, that I may not finish. I worked full time out of necessity, and finished college part time. If you can do it in 4, then great, just make sure you do not stop! I am 43, and have a great job now, because of my college degree on my resume. I would not have this current job if that was not the case. I stay in touch with many of my HS friends, and they say that they wished they would have finished, and they were proud of me for doing so. (Lecture ends here) OK, nuff said.

Buy the knife, find a jr. college to stay polished in your studies til next year. If you drop out of school, we older BF members will take it out of your hands and give you penalty stabs with it.:D

hahahahahah thats for the suggestions AND the good advice...i do have a job so i can make back what i spend on the knife, however i will take everyone's advice into consideration(even the stuff about not buying the knife lol)

Grab one of the Spyderco FG Paramilitarys in CPM D2 for $99.99 shipped at the Spyderco online store while they last. Closeout, discontinued . . .

DSC01816.jpg

DSC01812.jpg

DSC01813.jpg

DSC01808.jpg

DSC01806.jpg

Back