New Flipper Design Prototype

While waiting for the turkey to cook on Thanksgiving day, I decided to go out and mess around in the shop. I get a headache if I stay indoors too long. Anyway I'm glad I went out because I ended up with a new flipper design. Here it is all finished up and I really like how it turned out. I haven't given it a name yet. The blade is 3 5/8", D2 steel, Ti framelock. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.
-Ray Laconico

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

g5.jpg

That thing is sweet. I love the shape of the blade and the finish. It looks nicely sized in hand, but nice and thin for a perfect pocket fit. That might be my favorite folder ever. Pure awsome.

Thanks fishon. I've just given this model a name. I call it the "Fossa" after the animal.

I love it! Awesome looking flipper there. Would there be an option to machine the handles at all for a better grip? Either way, that thing is beautiful! Nice work, Ray.

I would say do not machine the handles.

The theme of your work is how clean it is.

Contrasting colors for the hardware, and leave the rest the same.

The clean look of your creations is sort of a signature, this one came out really beautiful and the name fits it just right, great work Ray!
I think that your logo (name) on top of the spine gives your folders another unique classy touch, did it not fit on this one because of the slight swedge?

Back