New flipper prototype

Blade length 3 7/8" Steel S35VN
OAL 8 3/4"
Closed 4 7/8"
Handle Carbon fiber with Moonglow accents.
.070 Ti.
Checkered flipper
Deep carry pocket clip
Atomik bearing system
Have not come up with a name for it yet.

This knife is light and fast.
Let me know what you think.

photo8.jpg

photo2_zps7e27c8ac.jpg

photo4_zps132de096.jpg

photo3_zps6d0e4555.jpg

Thanks for looking

Michael

Last edited:
Wow, really nice. I love the moonglow accent and cf combo. Simple and elegant yet utilitarian.... I like it

Edit: I also really like the way the flipper does not protrude too far out the back, more like a button you press rather than a trigger you pull.

Ray, your awesome designs are great as usual and even this one matches my taste 100%.
I am not a great fan of carbon fiber and fancy moonglow inserts but I love the project, especially I agree with neverdie36 about the button like flipper that doesn't protrude to far out when closed and it's hidden when the knife is open, it makes it really special.

Michael, your awesome designs are great as usual and even this one matches my taste 100%.
I am not a great fan of carbon fiber and fancy moonglow inserts but I love the project, especially I agree with neverdie36 about the button like flipper that doesn't protrude to far out when closed and it's hidden when the knife is open, it makes it really special.

Fixed :D. And I agree, very nice knife indeed.

Thanks guys. It was fun to make. The Moonglow is something I wanted to try as an accent. I know it's not for everyone but I think it works here.

Take care

Michael

Ray, your awesome designs are great as usual and even this one matches my taste 100%.

Maxfazz, this is not my design. This is Mike's knife. I got to play with it today at Mike's house and it's great. The small flipper is like a button and it works really well. It also has some nice checkering on it which I thought was very cool.

Ill take it!!!!!!! lol why not call it the "double moon glowing jasmine viper of the dragon" (he...he)

Looks absolutely fantastic in the pictures. But I'll need you to send it to me for testing purposes before I pass final judgement. Haha

Ray someone on B.B. suggested Velox. Latin for speed. I kind of like that.
9blades I'll put you down. Thanks

Michael

Ooops... a little oversight, anyway congrats to both of you for all of your wonderful creations and technical solutions!
I'm more of a simple style guy but I agree with you Mike, after looking at it a few more times that insert works pretty well on this one, what I really like the most is that button like flipper (checkering must be very cool) that you managed to make so cool looking without compromising action, also it's overall design is great!
I would love to see (and eventually own) a smaller variation of this "whatever the name will be" so I'll stay tuned.

Here is the video I just posted on youtube.
[video=youtube_share;pYhQRL2z2gw]http://youtu.be/pYhQRL2z2gw[/video]

Michael, I'm very interested in one of these. Could you shoot me some info on what they are going to sell for and when? Thanks! You can post here or email me at capbyrd@gmail.com

How about a version with Moonglow dots, maybe three of them, between the second and third screws?

Great video - Beautiful work Michael, I love how the flipper "trigger" is so discreet and disappears into the frame and the lock is almost invisible.
Velox is a great name, and yeah, like the line ahead of me, I want one!

You guys will be very happy with anything Michael makes. Lots of nice touches you don't notice until you carry and use them.

He will even make a lefty if you ask him nicely :)

Back