New Folks at Fiddleback Forge

Fiddleback

Knifemaker
Guys, I'm proud to announce two new faces here at Fiddleback Forge.

The first new blood we have around is Karl Seigele. Karl is a neighbor and friend who is the first person on the Fiddleback Forge payroll. Employee # 1. Pretty neato stuff. Karl is learning a few of the steps like sanding, and building bullseyes for a few hours a week. Its been nice to have some help with the sanding. Karl isn't a forum-folk yet. Thats kinda nice too.

The next addition is my buddy from high School Ron Solomon. He called me out of the blue, lives nearby all of a sudden, and wants to learn to make knives. Ron will be apprenticing with Dylan and I. He finished his first knife this week, and we had fun watching that 'first knife' process. His forum handle is Tuelhunden.

Please help me welcome them aboard, and thanks again for all y'alls support!

Ron's first knife:

20120120ron104_5056-vi.jpg

20120120ron104_5058-vi.jpg

20120120ron104_5059-vi.jpg

This is his second design. Started yesterday.

20120120ron104_5061-vi.jpg

You are two very lucky men!!!
Thanks for helping to make some of
the coolest knives in the world!!!

Here are some pics the first is an SRK that Dylan showed me how to reprofile , it was no longer a cutting tool after years of hard use. It is now razor hair popping sharp and screamin for the woods. The other is a pic of the two blades I heat treated today. One is 0-1 and the other 1075 will keep you guys posted as they come together next week.

DSCN1827-vi.jpg
DSCN1830-vi.jpg

Hey guys sorry to blow up the forum with a bunch of posts but I was not happy with my mispelled username of "Teuel hunden" so I changed it to Devil Dog Knives. Thank you and I will be posting pics of next weeks work as it comes along. Carry on and Semper Fi.

Hey guys sorry to blow up the forum with a bunch of posts but I was not happy with my mispelled username of "Teuel hunden" so I changed it to Devil Dog Knives. Thank you and I will be posting pics of next weeks work as it comes along. Carry on and Semper Fi.

S'ok

the Marines have been misspelling "Teufelshunde" since WWI

Welcome aboard

Man........the things Andy and Dylan said about you Saturday.........then Beaudroux chimed in..........well, you might as well been caught out back with the goat!

Looking good, man. Congrats on scoring an apprenticeship with the guys - that is awesome!

Congrats Andy being able to bulid a team around ya.....so is there a store front planned for the future of FB Blades??

Congrats Andy being able to bulid a team around ya.....so is there a store front planned for the future of FB Blades??

That's a good idea. It would be pretty cool if there were a handful of knives on hand for sale. I know if I were ever down south I'd want to stop in and see Andy and pick up a knife.

We have a glass front to the building ,and could make a storefront, but really, there wouldn't be any income from it, and the front area is going to be used for not dusty applications like leatherwork or glueups.

We have a glass front to the building ,and could make a storefront, but really, there wouldn't be any income from it, and the front area is going to be used for not dusty applications like leatherwork or glueups.

Congrats on getting some help in the shop. If Atlanta wasn't so large and flat (I'm a country boy who likes his wide open places and mountains close) I'd ask if you needed a full time leather guy in your shop. When do we get to see pics of the new place?

Back