New for 2019

Come on Cold Steel! What's in store for 2019? We need something to look forward to.

Now that it is official that the patent on the Axis Lock has expired, I would be surprised if they didn't bring out a new version of the Ultra Lock.

At least two other companies have done this now.

Now that it is official that the patent on the Axis Lock has expired, I would be surprised if they didn't bring out a new version of the Ultra Lock.

At least two other companies have done this now.
TBH Triad lock is a much better lock so there’s no reason to revisit the axis lock. Cold Steel released Triadlock Recon 1 to replace the older generation recon 1 with ultra lock. Because of the strength of Triad lock and the fact that it doesn’t need a liner, the new Recon 1 is both stronger and lighter than the older version.

TBH Triad lock is a much better lock so there’s no reason to revisit the axis lock. Cold Steel released Triadlock Recon 1 to replace the older generation recon 1 with ultra lock. Because of the strength of Triad lock and the fact that it doesn’t need a liner, the new Recon 1 is both stronger and lighter than the older version.

Remarkably more ergonomic, too.

IMG-4779.jpg

The old Recon 1 may be sleeker, but in virtually every other category that counts, the Tri-Ad Recon 1 is a vastly superior knife.

-Steve

Yes, I agree with the handle ergonomics on the current versions being so much better than the originals.

I honestly have no idea if they will bring back the Ultra Lock or not—just an idea since other companies are doing it.

Back