New Gentleman's Auto - (Plus, Video Available)

After watching Peter's video, I got inspired to get around and put one together. I've been thinking about it for a while, and even started once, but I ended up putting it off.

Here's a pic of a scale release auto I just finished. A fellow knifemaker and I filmed the "how to" video while making this knife.

It's 3 1/4th inches closed and 5 1/5 inches opened. The bolsters and liners are nickel silver, and the scales are jigged bone. The blade is made from 01 tool steel. I plan to make my next one with 440c.

Enjoy. -chris

Wow Chris,

Awsome knife. I remember seeing some of your earlier stuff. How long have you been making knives? Great progress no matter how long.

Looks like another winner Chris! It's a very neat, compact design. Not sure how many Gentlemen carry auto's but for those that do, this ones for them!:cool:

Well it's been a while since anyone called me a gentleman, but...oh - I get it Peter! You got me again. I must lay around waiting for you to snare me. :D

Chris that's a beautiful little knife, clean and quick. Thanks for sharing.

Dave

The simple lines are what really impress me with this one Chris, very nice!

Totally Awesome little knife Chris.
So your moving to stainless :D Guess it was bound to happen sooner or later;)
Just kidding.It will look great in stainless also.
Bruce

Thanks guys.

Dt_Trainer, I've been making knives just under a year and a half. I've spent almost all of my time making small folders. In fact, I wanted a large knife to take on a camping trip, so I made a 14" toothpick bowie. To me, the large knife was much harder to make than the folders. It gave me a new respect for you guys that make large fixed blade knives. -chris

It looks great Chris, and your website looks good too. How do you find time to make knives, videos and goofy things on your hands.:)
Joe

Nice Chris! You certainly do make some pretty knives. :)

I checked out your page and that video looks fantastic. You have also done a great job on the website. Very impressive!

Thanks again.

Joe, I see that you found the hidden hand puppet on the video page. You are the first to find it, and the only one so far. The guy who filmed me making the knife kept slipping things like that into the video. I didn't find any of them until I was editing it. I hid the image on the video page as kind of a joke back to him, and to see if anyone else would come across it.

-chris

Back