new handles on ESEE 4

Okay who has the new ESEE 4 blades with the handles from TKC? Any in hand pics, also does the sheath fit with the new handles?

I have them on mine. It still fits the sheath just fine, but I dont see any real change in the feel or performance. The scales cover up the exposed tang, which I dont like. I got this knife in a trade and love it, but I may cut the bottom of the scales off to have the tang exposed. I like it better that way. The new scales are a little more ergonomic and very attactive. The fit is just a hair off but nothing terrible.

JT

I have them on mine. It still fits the sheath just fine, but I dont see any real change in the feel or performance. The scales cover up the exposed tang, which I dont like. I got this knife in a trade and love it, but I may cut the bottom of the scales off to have the tang exposed. I like it better that way. The new scales are a little more ergonomic and very attactive. The fit is just a hair off but nothing terrible.

JT

thanks, I really dig the blade, the handles were just a tad small for me before so I am hoping these will fix that issue

I have the ranger green handles for the 4. They are REALLY nice and look and feel great. They will fit in the kydex sheath, but it does stretch the sheath so that if you go back to standard handles you'll need to use the top hole for retention. I love them, but took them off because they add significant weight for a knife I plan to backpack with.

Although not in hand, here are some RC-4 w/ TKC's Ranger Green photos. It does feel good in the hand and yes, it fits in the sheath.

ESEE-2.jpg

ESEE-4.jpg

ESEE-1.jpg

Hey that's my knife! Thanks for the pics Greg. The tkc scales are pretty cool. Thanks again for the grey knife.

Back