New here but not to Spydercos.

NIB

Hi folks,

I've lurked here forever but this is my first post. I've had 3 enduras in the past, lost 2 and since have had my 3rd one. No matter what knife I get I always go back to my tried and true endura. Well I finally found a replacement for it.....a Serrated Military! I can't believe it took me so long to get one. This is one awesome folder! I couldn't decide if the plain edge or the serrated one would fit me but I ended with the serrated and I'm glad I did. For my intended cutting tasks it fits fine and dandy and I plan on using it for exactly what Sal intended it for....everyday military use. I now think I need a second one to back up my first one.

Thanks all!

------------------
Jess

Howdy Jess- Thx for chiming in- You're not alone in admiring the military- I'd considered it for an EDC, but it's a little big for the law here. I'm waiting for the mini-Military.

------------------
"Never give a sword to a man who can't dance" (Celtic Proverb)
AKTI# A000107

Rugger, if you're not comfortable carrying a Military as EDC, I understand but the blade length limit in NYC is 4" as far as I know. The Military is therefore legal.

Hi Anthony-
I know that the Military tops off at just at/under 4", but I don't want to push my luck legally. All it takes is some gung-ho cop who is having a bad day & you're facing a legal hassle. With my chronic bad luck, I'm leaning a bit to the side of caution. It's a drag- I've even been leaving my Wegner at home lately. I'm fairly clean-cut & "upright citizen" looking & don't attract attention from the local constabulatory- but with this Schleprock cloud of bad luck I'm dragging around lately, I'm not going to risk it. Thanks for the reminder, however-
regards-
Mike

------------------
"Never give a sword to a man who can't dance" (Celtic Proverb)
AKTI# A000107

Rugger, I understand what you mean. I tend to go small when I'm in big cities. Big city cops tend to think weapon when they see any knife, and one does not have break the law to get arrested. Read the Law Forum and you will see some horror stories. The safest thing to do is go small or medium and keep your nose clean.

It's sad, but I guess that is the way cities are. I would love to carry a Military but it almost breaks limit and you just never know. Man, I can't wait for Mini-Mil.
Matt

Back