New knife enzo

Hey guys.
I've been looking to get my hands on some micarta.
I've got my eyes on the enzo borka, I'm looking for opinions if I should look another way or pull the trigger.

The main reason I haven't got it is the steel is n690 which is good.
But for the price I'm not sure if it's good enough.

I know it's for bushcraft... I have zero interest in bushcraft.
More for carrying on a switch out. Whatever suits me that day.

I've the Enzo Birk 75 and the Enzo PK70, two of the finest knives I have (and that's a lot). Well made, good steel, razor sharp (literally), action is smooth and perfect lockup. I don't see how you can go wrong. Don't have a Borka just don't need or like that long a blade. Brad is great to deal with.
Rich

My Birk 75 is a knife that I absolutely recommend, but my EDC these days is a Necker 70. I've thought about adding a Borka to my accumulation, but it's a bit large for me. Let us know how you like it when it arrives, which I suspect will be soon.

love wood like that curly birch... (or anything with some figure & pattern & depth if possible)

The fit and finish is excellent, and well worth the asking price.

The Scandinavian grind however is not the greatest for much more than aggressive cuts that bite kinda deep.

I love my Birks, just not the grind. In retrospect the full flat would, and does work a lot better for EDC tasks.

The fit and finish is excellent, and well worth the asking price.

The Scandinavian grind however is not the greatest for much more than aggressive cuts that bite kinda deep.

I love my Birks, just not the grind. In retrospect the full flat would, and does work a lot better for EDC tasks.

I agree with everything MolokaiRider said. My Necker in Scandi grind doesn't see much use, while I carry his flat ground brother daily. I chose the flat ground Birk and I'm glad that I did. Just my opinion, some people love their Scandi knives.

OP its not just for bushcraft, be crafty (heheh) and creative and you'll find that it serves many duties

i have to give enzo one more chance, i ordered enzo trapper and got a brisa trapper. so i panicked and did research for 5 hours and what i was able to gather, correct me if im wrong, is that enzo makes the knife blank, and brisa assembles everything together? other way around? wrong altogether? at any rate

Brisa of Finland has always made Enzo knives; just decided to change name. Nothing changed but the name. Brisa = Enzo.
Rich

R Rich S Hackenslash Hackenslash
I'm having trouble deciding between the birk and borka.
I have a kershaw leek I don't like that is the same size as birk...
But the birk appears more hand filling.

Hopefully you could help me make a better decision between the two ?
Thanks

Depends on what blade length you prefer. I like blades in the 3" range (Birk 75). If you like longer blades, then the Borka.
rich

R Rich S Hackenslash Hackenslash
I'm having trouble deciding between the birk and borka.
I have a kershaw leek I don't like that is the same size as birk...
But the birk appears more hand filling.

Hopefully you could help me make a better decision between the two ?
Thanks
The Birk 75 is definitely more hand filling than a Kershaw Leek. I'll try to post a picture of them side by side later.

Back