New Knife Received--This is why you don't rush a true craftsman...

BOSS1

Gold Member
Greetings all,

I posted how I had placed an order with Nick awhile back:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...-Spoke-w-Mr-Allen-today-discussed-knife-order

Got the knife last week. Its a heavy duty variant of the Sierra Scout built to my specs. I dub the H.O.S.S. (Heavy Ordnance Sierra Scout). I was going to call it the Burley, Overbuilt Sierra Scout, but my ego doesn't go quite that far.

Basics:
- 7 x .25 inch differentially heat treated 01 blade,
- Scuplted, ultra comfortable blue/black G10 handle scales with red liners,
- Trade mark custom fitted leather sheath with fire steel loop.

See the photos...my words alone wouldn't do it justice. Fit and finish are about as perfect as I think can be done.

I couldn't ask for a finer camp knife. It is, in a word, SUPERB.

Quality is ALWAY worth the wait.

If you like Mr. Allen's work, shoot him an order soon, you'll be EXTREMELY glad you did.

BOSS

Attachments

• NWA NMSFNO _199.jpg
    NWA NMSFNO _199.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 174
  • NWA NMSFNO _191.jpg
    NWA NMSFNO _191.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 125
  • NWA NMSFNO _190.jpg
    NWA NMSFNO _190.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 139
  • NWA NMSFNO _158.jpg
    NWA NMSFNO _158.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 132
  • NWA NMSFNO _58.jpg
    NWA NMSFNO _58.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 138
Very nice knife, Boss!

And I totally agree with you, Nick makes really awesome blades!!! :thumbup:

Btw. I have to go to the woods now .... My new Raptor wants to be used! :rolleyes:

That flat out kicks ass! Nice design, and of course nice work from Nick. I think that knife will be up for any backwoods adventure.

Thats a good looking scout/hoss. Congrats Boss its definately built to handle about anything in the woods. I'm wanting to get a scout one day too.

Howdy Boss...if ya don't mind me askin' what did it cost ya?

WWWaaaayyy less than it should have. As I don't know Mr. Allens pricing schedule taking into account all the variables, you should contact him directly for a specific quote on what you have in mind. But I think you'll be surprised as what his blades cost when you look at the craftsmanship and quality of the materials.

WWWaaaayyy less than it should have. As I don't know Mr. Allens pricing schedule taking into account all the variables, you should contact him directly for a specific quote on what you have in mind. But I think you'll be surprised as what his blades cost when you look at the craftsmanship and quality of the materials.

Thanks for the info Boss...I'll have to connect with Mr. Allens after vacation....be well...

Ya. Ive got to get one of these. Very very nice. Please come back and share some user pics when you break it in :)

Back