New knives made in Russia by NOKS company.

kancler

Hi guys!

We are going to offer for sale (on rusknives.com) a few new models from other Russian maker - NOKS.

This company makes a few unusual models which we like. This is not a ROSarms product and made in different city - Kazan.
This company will be represent in USA by one of our friends. All knives will be available for sale after the Blade Show West 2008.
For now I would like to show you the folding knife - "Piranha-1"
Let me know what you think.

Technical specs:

Blade length: 85 mm
Blade thickness: 3 mm
Total length (opened): 200 mm
Total length (closed): 113 mm

Stainless Steel

Retail price: $85

Blade length: 85 mm ... 3.3"
Blade thickness: 3 mm ... 0.12"
Total length (opened): 200 mm ... 7.9"
Total length (closed): 113 mm ... 4.4"

Not bad. Good big heavy blade in a very ergonomic handle.
Nice lanyard hole but when you close the knife, you'll cut the lanyard!

How about the blade on that Piranha-2. I like that. Like a kris.

Chto znachit NOKS? Nozhi ot kazan'skogo s ... (Ne znayu! :) )

Looks pretty nice.

Is the pocket clip reversible? I also like that it will ride low in the pocket with the clip design.

Yes pocket clip is reversible. Also end of a holder has a "glass breaker"

Interesting. Westcott ruler used to measure a Russian knife. Westcott started out as a scissor company. Today they have a titanium line. A titanium Westcott ruler would have been awesome.

Today they have a titanium line. A titanium Westcott ruler would have been awesome.

It would! I have aluminum rulers but Ti would be NICE. And Russia would be a good place to go for Ti products.

Back to the knife ...

kancler, I am really looking forward to the NOKS knives. There are two of your own models I want. Ermak and Fry-2 or maybe Arrow and I may decide to get a Cliff also. I think I'm going to pick up the Piranha-1 and Ermak to start with.

Of course, who knows what else NOKS will have, better than Piranha? :D

kancler, I am really looking forward to the NOKS knives. There are two of your own models I want. Ermak and Fry-2 or maybe Arrow and I may decide to get a Cliff also. I think I'm going to pick up the Piranha-1 and Ermak to start with.

Of course, who knows what else NOKS will have, better than Piranha? :D

You can pick them up any time :)

Do you have a chance to stop by our table at the Blade Show West?

You will see a few more NOKS knives and almost all our ROSarms knives.

Unfortunately I am on the east coast, a bit of a trip to make Blade West. If there is any delay on the NOKS after Blade West, I can start on a couple of ROSarms. You really have my kind of knives there.

I was considering having a custom maker do one like the Ermak for me, before I saw the Ermak. It is similar to the Shabaria, a Middle Eastern knife which Spyderco did a folding version of. You guys did it really nicely.

I got a Chieftain with leather handle. That knife is no joke. One of my favorites.

That is impressive. Man, you have to feel and handle that model to really appreciate it. Its bona fide.

Damn that Chieftan is amazing! I am definitly getting one.

Is the steel on the Noks the same as the Rosarms stainless?

Damn that Chieftan is amazing! I am definitly getting one.

Is the steel on the Noks the same as the Rosarms stainless?

No Unsub. They use different steel. I'm not sure what kind but will do the research. I just know Russian standard but didn't do comparison yet. Let you know...

Any way you could get an hand on that:

(Not sure it has anything to do with Noks, supposely russian made)

Edit:
Alright, now I'm sure it has nothing to do with NOKS :)

Last edited:
I had a leather Cliff ,Esav and it was a fascinating knife. It has a thick blade stock but really clever geometry with the wide leaf shaped blade so it was razor sharp.
The sheath was also very very well done ,one of Rosarms best and they have really upgraded the sheaths recently. You could see that the Cliff has been around as a model for a long time and not just made for the US market because of all the subtle features of the sheath like the way it was canted forward. It is one of those knives that seem like it can do everything.

Not real helpful ... just tossing off an insult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back