New leek

LONE WOLF

Banned
I just buaght my self a leek! is it a good knife? it has a real sharp edge and point. and it locks up tight. the speed safe is cool too

Which model did you get? Does it have a frame lock or a liner lock? They are decent knives, but I don't care much for their liner locks.
-KC

All of Kershaw's Ken Onion designs are fun, but I prefer solider, more heavy-duty knives. For daily carry, the Leek should be fine. You do have to be careful with them, since Kershaw makes a point of their knives being sharp out of the box!

I have both the grey and rainbow ones. I like mine for light use. Since they are thin they are easy to carry clipped on the inside of my scrubs. They are very sharp!

LONE WOLF said:
I just buaght my self a leek! is it a good knife?
BlkLEEKs_S.jpg

I really like the Frame-Lock Leeks - so much that I have three and EDC one at home - please take a look at -

Kershaw/Ken Onion LEEK (pics)

Kershaw Rainbow Leek - a pictorial review

Black "boron" Leek

--
Vincent

http://UnknownVincent.cjb.net
http://UnknownVT.cjb.net

I got the half-serrated framelock one. its pretty cool and the speed safe is awesome! :D

the knives are very well made, but the blade steel is 440A which is on the low end. Then again, it's not meant for heavy-duty tasks. But you could also get a Random Leek with a S30V blade, like I did! Cheasapeake Knife & Tool commissioned a limitied quantity of those, and they are awesome!

:) Kershaw owes you one, Lone Wolf. I went out to today to replace the Taiwan Gerber AR 3.50. Good knife, the "Taiwan" just irks the hell out of me. Anyway, along with a Benchmade 941 Osborne, and a Buck Adrenalin 178-ti, I also bought a Kershaw Leek. The Leek is all stainless and made in the USA, as is that particlar Buck and Benchmade. I like the Leek frame lock. Very nice knife for the money. I thought all kershaws were made in Japan until I saw the photo in this thread. That'll teach me to think. Now I can rotate 3 EDCs that I really like. Thanks for the thread.

Back