New Lotus Citadel Katana

Christmas arrived several weeks early. I've been into swords for a while, but finally made the leap to a really nice one. It arrived, I sliced up several pumpkins and cleaned the blades. It cuts great, I compared it to three other katanas. It's not the most traditional blade shape, but I find the uniqueness a virtue. You know it's not some other blade remarketed.

Obviously more pics will follow. Here it is right out the plastic shipping tube.
PUOIHPol.jpg

Anyone else into Citadel as a brand or know much beyond what Google can tell? What about Evolution blades Motohara katana? Those seem equally amazing. I'm active in the Chris Reeve subforum. Looking forward to meeting everyone over here!

Is this the Citadel that's based out of the Philippines or somewhere around S.E. Asia or something?

Phnom Penh, Cambodia is the location of Citadel forge.

Check out this link on SBG if you want a more in depth view of the factory. They do things different over there.
https://www.sword-buyers-guide.com/citadel-swords.html

I don't have $xx,xxx and years for a master made Japanese nihontō.
I have a few thousand to spend and don't want to have a long wait.
Citadel uses the cheaper, but skilled, labor of Cambodians. I don't care who/where something is made as long as it's made with quality in mind by skilled craftsmen.
I have handled about two dozen and watched videos for nearly every katana on YT. The line of swords are of great quality, but not for those that demand absolute historic accuracy.

Back